Oleson Village

waterman1970

I have completed 95% of the drawing and need to put the 24x36 border up am not sure where I need to change to read this out and draw it correctly any help I still have log and lat on

I have moved your question to the "Student Project Questions" section: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?73-Student-Project-Questions

Please post all of your Penn Foster, Oleson Village, questions there. And while you're there, take a look at some of the previous threads. You may find your question has already been asked and answered previously.

The Oleson Village project does not require longitude and latitude.

If I recall correctly the title block and border is draw off to one side in model space as per the instructions. Then it is moved into position off the subdivision map.

I reviewed the threads and they actually helped me get started and helped me get to where i am at and when i started i was told to draw a rectangle and enter the 0.0000,0.0000 to 2000000,2000000 do i need to adjust this to make my units be able to read 24x36 for the borders i am not sure where in the model space o need to draw this

Those coordinates are the limits of the drawing. which unfortunately are way larger than they need to be.

Do as I previously suggested and draw your title block and border off to one side of the village at the dimensions given (24x36). In the meantime I will fire up my CAD computer to check a couple of things and get back to you.

Re: Title block and border.

The instructions for the title block and border (see page 16 of project PDF) are just as I had remembered and repeated back to you. Compared to the subdivision it will be small. That's why the instructions tell you that after you have made a block of the title block and border to scale in multiples of 10 until you arrive at a size that will comfortably fit around the plate map. So, following that advice, scale the block by a factor of 10. Does it fit around the plat map? No? Then try scaling the block by a factor of 20. Does it fit now? No? Then scale it by a factor of 30. Does it fit now? That is the procedure they want you to use. Personally, I feel it is all wrong. Your title block and border belong over in a paper space layout drawn at a 1:1 scale and a viewport would be required to see your model space plat map. But Penn-Foster does not teach this technique despite paper space and viewports being available for many years. It is one reason why I give P-F a failing grade when it comes to teaching AutoCAD.

OlesonVillageLimits.jpg

Here is what the student is faced with on this project.

The white square defines the limits of the drawing which would be 0.0000,0.0000 and 2000000,2000000. I've drawn a red square around the subdivision. The dot in the center of the square is the subdivision itself.

Like I said, there really isn't a need for the limits of the drawing to be as large as they are as it is easy for a newcomer to AutoCAD to lose their subdivision in the sea of black that surrounds it. You can also understand then why a title block and border drawn to 2'x3' dimensions would be dwarfed by the subdivision thus requiring the student to scale it up.