VERY strange font behavior

There have been 2 different issues plaguing my office, but I'll put the more distressing one first.

First of all, let it be known that we're typing in Hebrew, using an SHX font that is supposed to be 99% reliable when it comes to printing correctly and not in mirror image.

ISSUE #1:

My boss added text in Hebrew using Sivan_M.shx in AutoCAD 2009. Then I started working on the same file in AutoCAD 2014. I have my options set that all my files save in the AutoCAD 2007 format so that she can still use them.

Now she's back in the file on AutoCAD 2009- whenever she clicks on her Hebrew labels, they switch out of Hebrew and into gibberish English! All text created in that Style has been affected.

I suggested she send it back to me in 2014, I simply opened the file and all the text is back to normal. Then she reopened in 2009 and hers is back to normal Hebrew too.

What gives? We're worried about this problem reoccurring.

ISSUE #2:

I've installed a gazillion Hebrew SHX fonts in my AutoCAD 2014 Fonts folder. However, most of them are not displaying properly. Either a. they're completely blank when I type in Hebrew, b. I get question marks, or c. they work in Hebrew but the text is funky. for instance- "shalom" comes out as "molahs" (aka NOT something that can be fixed by clicking "backwards" in the style options box).

To make the issue even weirder, when I copy-and-paste Hebrew from other people's DWGs into my own, they show up, their font is added to the Styles, (and I even have the corresponding SHX in my folder!), and I can SEE their text, yet when it comes to adding some Hebrew of my own, it won't let me!

-----

Does anyone have any clue about these 2 issues?

Issue #1 we have a temporary fix (I open the file in 2014 and then it works again)

but Issue #2 is driving me bonkers, and is severely limiting which fonts I can use.