Bespoke iProperties columns in Bill of Materials?

jmarshall5

Hi there,

I have been given the task in our company of investigating Inventor (2014 release) and seeing if it is suitable for our needs, but have been struggling with something for too long now.

I have an assembly with a vast number of parts and some have special, bespoke Custom iProperties added to them i.e. not the standard Client, Date Completed etc.

What I want to do is display these properties in the BOM so that I can see which items in the assembly actually have values entered for these. If that makes sense?

The BOM help page titled "Add a custom iProperty column" says the following:

6. To use custom properties from the model file or add custom columns, click New Properties, and select the properties from the Define New Properties dialog box.

but this doesnt make sense - where is New Properties? Am I being dumb?!

Through much trial and error I have worked out how to display the information I want in the Design Assistant - surely there's a way to do it in the BOM?

Ive also seen how to do the reverse ie create bespoke Custom properties in the BOM that will display in iProperties in all the parts. But not the other way round.

Hope that makes sense and that someone can help?

Cheers.