Plotting Emailed Drawing at A3

j4cksincl4ir

I have received a measured survey drawing from a survey that I wish to print out on A3.

The drawing and the title block are both in Model Space. When I measure the structural opening of a door, I found that the dimensions are in meters. On the title block, the denoted scale is 1:100.

I am simply trying to replicate this in paper space in order to print out this plan on A3 paper at 1:100. By the time I have worked through Page Set up Manager and chosen the scale of 1:100, the floor plan inside its border looks like a postage stamp.

I have tried Format > Units and changing the drawing units from unitless to meters but this doesn't change anything. I have also tried scaling the model space drawing x1000 but this makes the drawing too big in paper space at 1:100.

What is going on?

AutoCAD defaults to plotting in millimetres. So for a drawing in metres, you have to introduce an extra 1000 factor.

For your A3 to be plotted at 1:100, your scale factor is 1000/100, i.e. 10:1.

Try that and see if it looks better. If that scale is not in the list of available scales, try a Custom scale of 10.

Thank you. Yes, 10:1 does look better but it is too big for my A3. The original 1:1 model space dimensions of the title block border is 110.965 x 77.6 so it looks as if keeping the 1:100 scale won't be possible on A3.

The original 1:1 model space dimensions of the title block border is 110.965 x 77.6 so it looks as if keeping the 1:100 scale won't be possible on A3.

That size looks like an A0 at 1 to 100. To get it on an A3, the scale would have to be about 1:300.

Perhaps you will have to revert to Scale to fit :shock: