Text Attribute Automatic Date

drafting3

Hey All,

If you are familiar with the "Fields" associated with text attributes, you may be able to answer my question..

If you set up a date to fill-in automatically when you open a drawing, will it update from day to day? Or once its set up, will it remain on that date..?

Please let me know if i am unclear..

Up to my knowledge, the simple Date field it will stay with the value at insertion time. This behaviour is consistent with its intended purpose - for example mark the ckeck date.

If need to update it, just double clik on the entity - this will open the MText editor; double clik on it again to get the Field editor and exit with OK.

There is a different behaviour for Plot/Save date which will adjust automatically, respectively for Create date which cannot be modified.

The Date field will update whenever you open the drawing. Easy enough to test, set the date field, save and close the drawing and then change the date on your computer and reopen drawing. New Date.

You can insert a diesel in an attribute that displays the date and updates when you regenerate the drawing.

$(EDTIME,0,MON DD"," YYYY H:MM AM/PM)

If you insert that as a diesel in your attribute it will display the month, day, year, and time. Each time you regenerate it will update. You can remove the part that displays the time by just deleting the "H:MM AM/PM" part of the code. You can also change the date to be displayed as MM/DD/YYYY if you'd like by changing it to this:

$(EDTIME,0,MM/DD/YYYY H:MM AM/PM)

Thanks,

Do you know if there is a way for me to copy down a drawing as a new revision, and have it insert a new line for a new rev? ie. Revision description, revision number, & revision date (to update to the current date when clicked). Do you know what I mean?

That one is a bit more complex. You could do something like make a block with several attributes under your revision section. Updating each date automatically wouldn't be a huge issue, but updating the description automatically would be almost impossible I would think.