Dimension line extension control

olecarman

Good morning..

In Autocad 2006, is there a way to control the length of the dimension line when it extends outside of the dimension distance itself? In other words, when a dimension is small, and the arrowheads flip to the outside of the dimension parameter, the text and the extension line outside of the dimension seems to go to far outside of the dimension area.. Can I control how far outside of the dimension area that this line and text are placed? They seem to go to far out on my drawings. I prefer them to be closer to the actual dimension area instead of extending so far out.. Didn't know if there was a control for this and where to find it..

Thanks,

There will be a "tail" that is equal to the length of the arrowhead, and the only other factor should be the landing gap (offset). Can you post a screenshot, or better yet a sample drawing with one or more dimensions that seem abnormal?

dimline.jpg