Plotting to a scale

PotGuy

Hey,

I've recieved a Revit file, and I've been asked to create a PDF for a Typical layout within the Revit file. I've created a suitable Plan view, and now need to print it off as a PDF.

How can I plot the view to a specific scale? I don't see a PS/MS like in AutoCAD. (I highly doubt there is one for Revit, hence why I'm muddled here)

While I have previous Revit experience, it never ventured beyond manipulating the file: creating sections, elevations etc. and I've never had to plot something until now.

Here's a quick explanation. If you need more details, do an internet search for tutorials.

Start with crating a single PDF so you can do a preview. If you do more than one view, you cannot get a preview.

Set the scale of the view to the desired scale. That's in the lower left corner of the view window next to where you set the detail level.

Open the print dialog box and select your PDF plotter.

Select the appropriate options by exploring each section.

Then click "Setup..."

Again select the appropriate options by exploring each section. click OK.

Click on Preview.

After previewing, click Print. (Not Close, that will close the print dialog box also.)

If you like what you see, click OK.

If not, make the necessary adjustments until you get the desired result.

Good luck!

Edited by RobDraw

Rob's detailed walk through is definitely the way to do it. Just to add one last thing, is that when you want to plot something to scale (PDF or otherwise), be sure in the Print > Settings > Setup Button > Zoom area, check the Zoom radio button and set it to 100%. This is a subtle difference than AutoCAD and is so simple it can often confuse people when first venturing into Revit. Screenshot below:

2013-11-18_scale_plot.png

8)

• 3 months later...