Kitchen unit doors

learnfast

Hello to all you wonderful people. I have tried looking for a way to add my kitchen unit doors and various other items that I have drawn using autocad architecture 2011 in to a tool pallet I have managed to add my own pallet but I am struggling to add any items from my drawing any help would be fantastic

Many thanks for your quick reply. May I ask how do I create blocks from them. Ps I will also google this white waiting for a reply. Once again thanks

Hello again many thanks for the link I can now create blocks and place them in to tool pallet. Question for you I have created a 600mm by 600mm by 18mm kitchen doors but when I go to properties to adjust any of the dimension the x y and z are all on 1.00 how can I create my block to show 600 x 600 x 18 . I hope you can understand what I am trying to ask many thanks in advance

If you want a clutter free tool pallet then I suggest you create a drawing with nothing but your blocks and make you tool pallet out of that.

Thank you for your advise I will do just that

I have created a 600mm by 600mm by 18mm kitchen doors but when I go to properties to adjust any of the dimension the x y and z are all on 1.00 how can I create my block to show 600 x 600 x 18

Those X, Y and Z aren't dimensions, but block instance's scale factors on axis. If you will use 600 on X, then the size of your block will be 360,000 units (600 units multiplied by 600 scale factor). To achive what you want I suggest you to start investigating the dynamic blocks (check my second link above).

An alternative will be to create the block as a cube with 1 unit edge and then may use different scale factors on axis (that it, 600 on X, 600 on Y, respectively 18 on Z) to get desired dimensions.

What you are seeing in the properties palette is the scale factor and not the size, the simplest way to get the sizes is using either attributes or dynamic properties take a look at this tutorial for adding a linear parameter to your blocks which also means you will be able to adjust the sizes easily. Stretch