Drawing interior angles.

How can I draw lines with specific interior angles between them?

For example, if I draw my first line then, I want to draw the second one but with an interior angle of 100deg between them, what can I do? :(

Thanks.

Welcome to CADTutor forum. :)

Start the line command then use

Angles in Autocad are measure by default counterclock wise.

You sound like a good candidate for the TUTORIALS link at the top of the page, lots of really good

videos and free instruction available.

Edited by Dadgad

If you want to use direct distance entry the format is the distance followed by the angle and it would look like this:

@10(units of length)

Note the use of the "@" and "

Another option would be to use Polar Tracking. A third option would be to reset your crosshairs using the SNAGANG command.

thanks for the quick response. :D

but, what if the angles that i need to input are the interior angles of the lines? how can i draw using the relative angle?

thank you so much.

Unfortunately, there is no way to do it on-the-fly without doing the math, but some of the alternatives are adjusting the UCS to match the existing line, using Copying and using Dynamic Input/Angle Change, or (IMO the easiest) ROTATE with the Copy option. see below.

Rotate-Copy.gif

Do the math? AutoCAD's default is zero degrees at the 3 o'clock position and all angles measured counter-clockwise.

The OP did not specify, and I'm not assuming the first line is horizontal, so yes, to do it on-the-fly (ie not pausing to change UCS, SNAPANG etc), there would be math involved using the xxx