Insert top surface on the top of the frame (Frame Generator) Inventor 2012

Sengna

Hi! new to frame generator, i got the frame created and i want to put the top flat surface on the frame, how can i do that? do i just create separate part and insert into this frame?

frame work.JPG

By "surface" I assume you mean some sort of plate or sheet metal cover. Yes, make as a separate part and insert into your assembly (or create in-context of the assembly level).

Yes, that is correct, i was trying to put the top plate on the frame, On the pic, how can i rotate the top plate down red arrow direction, I was using place Constraint to assemble the top plate, i used "Mate" constraint so i can rotate the top plate down to the frame but the message pop up " The assembly can't be solved". Is there any other way or option?

Mate.jpg

Edited by Sengna

I suspect you have a conflicting constraint between the side of the frame the bottom of the plate. This does not make logical sense.

Attach your assembly here.