Revit detailing , is not showing up :/

Mena__99

hi again

i have a collage project and i need help with it ...

i made a 3 floors project and i made a section to it ... in the section it should show the detailing .. for example .. if i have a concrete layer on the floor then a layer of sand then a layer of ceramic tiles .. it should show up its symbol in of each layer (* i duplicated the floor and clicked on edit and inserted those layers already )

.. on the section view ... but when i make the section view .. i only see floor as a rectangle no details inside .

please tell me how to fix that and show the details and how to edit them ( if i want to make a technical changes to them )

1.pmg.jpg

thxx broo i never thought thtat its this easy

one question thoo

how to make a new detailing shape .. like anti-moist layer should be a black rectangle followed by a white rectangle .. but i cant find that on the available shapes .. how to do it myself or download it ?

Okay so you have two options with this. And this is where (depending on which route you go) you'll start getting deeper into Revit which takes a bit more effort, but the effort pays off in the end.

Option 1: Easy way... once you have your Section prepped and ready, you can use detailing techniques to achieve what you're after with 2D linework, filled regions and masked regions, and various Detail Components. This is very standard actually. So you'll use a Filled Region (aka Hatch in AutoCAD) to overlay the proper visual needs.

Option 2: More effort but the better way... When you're editing the Floor Structure and you're in the Edit Assembly dialog, you'll notice the Material option for each layer. Highlight the layer you need and click the Browse button, and in the Material Browser you'll want to create a new Material. In the new Material Editor, under Cut Pattern you'll apply the pattern of choice, and that way every time you make a cut with this floor component it'll populate correctly, always no matter what.

Option 2 is the preferred way. Also, you might have to create a custom pattern for this to work as well.