Lost Toolbars (Pop Up Command Boxes)

cturboaddict

This happens to me in AutoCad and in Inventor. (so I'm going to double post in other forum as well)

At work, I use two monitors running off of my laptop. I have a nice big screen HP that I prefer to draft off of. Problem is when executing commands that typically prompt a pop-up box (such as hatch, layer properties, constrain, fillet). When running the dual monitors, sometimes I'll move my main model screen to the large screen monitor off of my laptop. When prompted to use said commands and the box appears, I carry on with drafting. When I get home and execute the command, I cannot find the box. The command will execute, but I cannot find the box as it still thinks its on the other monitor.

Currently, the only way to get it back is when I'm at the shop with my dual monitors, I'll execute said command and drag the box back into the laptop monitor and I'll have it again whenever I'm using from home. (As long as I keep it there)

This forces me to constantly draft from the smaller laptop monitor. But frustrates me when home trying to put in extra hours or doing something for myself.

Can anyone help me figure out how to bring all command boxes back to the monitor I'm working on????

Thanks

You can definitely use VL to reposition the location of a toolbar there are 4 variables have a google or if you have access to "The visual lisp developers guide" by David Stein has code examples.

I googled it.... So, if I save them in the same location always, they will show up in the same location always?

But if I'm using the monitor at work and only the laptop at home, can I control their adaptive locations based on if the monitor is hooked to the hdmi output or not?

IE- everything opens in the monitor at work. But only opens in the laptop when not hooked to monitor?

Try the code and have a look at the dump I am not sure what happens with two screens only have 1 at moment else would have had a play.

I would just have two settings and run single just before you save double when back at work. The Stein code example showed how to reset the toolbar position.