Cannot sweep or extrude object of this type

AJOT

Hi,

Im really new to using autoCAD and I've drawn up a side of a building from a plan and I wanted to extrude it to make it 2mm thick and I keep getting the error mentioned in the title, Ive been searching the net trying to find a answer but I've had no luck and its doing my head in!

Dumaresq1.dwg

I was wondering what i'm doing/done wrong any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew

Welcome to the Forum, Andrew!

Did you drew those by yourself or were exported from a third-part application? With two exceptions, all entities in your sketch were splines.

Please check the LINE and ARC commands instead. After, take a look to PEDIT to be able to generate the closed contours required for EXTRUDE / SWEEP.

What made you use splines in the first place?

I'd create a new layer and trace over the splines with a series of lines and arcs then use the PressPull command to give it height.

And do yourself a favor....stop overriding your layer color like you did with layer 0.

BTW...the two windows are not the same distance from the doorway. Is that what you intended? And the window above the door would appear to be more of an elliptical shape than a round shape. Was that intentional too?

Edited by ReMark