Lisp to run script if drawing name is in a drawing list (Csv/txt)

liamdonnelly0209

Hi all.

I have been trying to find a lisp or anything, that will allow me to fill in a drawing list (which will have the names/file location of specific drawings) and if i open that drawing, a script will run.

I have tried searching for atleast something similiar, but i just cant find anything.

Does anyone know of a lisp thats out there or how to create something like this?

It is very similiar to one that lee mac has created for attributes in certain drawings, whereby a drawing list with a column for the tag/value is filled in. Then if you open that drawing it will populate the attribute.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Liam

You can have lisps that run on startup put them in the S::Startup section of acad2012doc.lsp or a reactor a bit more complicated. The lisp would go away compare dwg name with your saved list and do something.

from program files\autodesk\autocad 2012\support\acad2012doc.lsp Note:

;;; This file is loaded automatically by AutoCAD every time

;;; a drawing is opened. It establishes an autoloader and

;;; other utility functions.

Yeah im looking for something that does run on startup and whenever i open a drawing it will compare the name and run a script if it finds it.

I cant use Script pro at work, as that was an option i explored a while ago. so im having to work with lisps or something similiar instead.

I am basically trying to utilise this: http://www.lee-mac.com/popup.html

Where by i can create a popup for various drawings which will act as a reminder for certain issues or something to do before saving etc. so the script is basically the code to run the pop up.