• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• steven-g

• raynelockyer

• Tuns

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That appears to be more than just a simple roof.

What do you have to draw exactly? Are you drawing exterior elevations and want to know how the roof will look in each view?

Why do you think it is completely wrong?

There is definitely something familiar about this whole drawing but I can't put my finger on it. I swear I've seen that house floor plan before.

And your teacher did not bother to elaborate on that point in any manner? He didn't say specifically what was wrong or suggest where you needed to make changes?

Do you have all your elevations drawn? What roof pitch(es) are you using?

Where are you going to school?

Edited by ReMark

What information have you been given to work from, there are a few places I would say need looking at, but how have you got to this point, what instructions have you had?

Well you can start by making the roof more flat than you have it drawn right now. The way you have it drawn makes it look like the roof has a 45° slope, which in the picture it clearly does not have that slope.

Well he could have been a bit more helpful.

You haven't decided then what roof pitches you want to use have you?

Tuns and Steve will talk you through it. I'll bow out. Good luck.

I am not sure why quite such a meal is being made of this.

As we know that it is a simple roof, and keeping to the premise that all roof pitches are the same, hip/valley lines are at 45 degrees (in plan) and ridge lines are at right angles to the span, I come up with this.

Looks fairly logical to me. I don't need elevations to draw the roof plan.

roof.JPG

But that roof layout is wrong too. Look at the picture of the house he posted.

[ATTACH]45375[/ATTACH]

That is the outline of the roof just going off the picture. I don't want to do all the slopes because then I'd be doing all his work for him.

I got the plan of the house from that drawing. I could not see anything else. Perhaps you would be so kind as to post a screen view of what you are seeing.

I would draw the plan view before anything else, because it is governed by geometry (if it is going to fit)

And having taken a look at the artistic elevation, I would say that it is wrong. The left hand roof, second level (in the picture), and also the main ridge are wrong.

The picture is to attract the punters. It does not have to be accurate :shock:

If you click the picture of the house he is drawing it will bring up several pictures of the house from different angles. As far as accuracy, the teacher might be telling him that it's wrong based on the way the artistic view looks. He didn't provide much information as to how he is being graded or what the instructions were.

I need you to do that for me please. I have to convert it down to r2000, and it is a simple plan.

But anyway, the OP particularly asked for a roof plan, which does not entail elevations, which may be wrongly drawn already.

You need to make sure that each area of the roof is a flat plane, there are probably more methods of doing it but can you see how this is different to your drawing. The pitch can be anything from flat to 80 degrees.

Roof.PNG