• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Madruga_SP

• steven-g

• drafting3

• dbroada

Hey guys,

I've created a dinamic block just like I wanted to.

But I wasted a lot of time, because I have to create many dimensions style for each block.

So, I'm posting my block and some advice will be really appreciated.

I'm looking for the smarter way to make the block, because I have to create more like that!

Thank you!

:thumbsup:

MARGEM 4DOBx45.dwg

Hey guys,

My dinamic block there is a stamp and I need to fill it in.

But I can't fill it without explode the block.

How Can I fill the stamp without explode??

Thank in advance

You basically have your CARIMBO(?) block held within the MARGEM block. You need to get the CARIMBO to the same level. I would propose openning MARGEM in the block editor and then explode CARIMBO. Save the changes and the block should work as you want. You may have to BATTMAN the block to get the attributes in the desired order.

Thanks for replay, dbroada

You basically have your CARIMBO(?) block held within the MARGEM block. You need to get the CARIMBO to the same level. I would propose openning MARGEM in the block editorarrow-10x10.png and then explode CARIMBO.
Yes, I did that. But didn't work.

When I change the block in the visibility parameter didn't work properly.

I didn't realise you had two title blocks. I'm afraid attributes and visibility states don't work well together, especially if you use the same tag name more than once.

I don't have time to look in to this right now but I would investigate scaling the block elements rather than use visibility states. Steven-g (?) has a few tricks using look up tables that may help here.

Sorry for the lack of response, we got slammed with a tight deadline on Tuesday.

First create a 2 lines (one in the X-direction and one in the Y) line the from the 2 points you are getting your dimensions from (put these on a non plot layer).

From there override the text in the dimension, right click, insert field, select object form the drop down, select formula, in the box where you can type stuff in on the bottom right, right click again slect insert field, once again select object, select the object option, select your line and choose the length parameter. From there you can divide and multiply as needed.

Just ensure the 2 lines you are measuring are being added to your stretch parameter.

As for your title block attributes, a look-up table would be best. You can use that to re-position and scale attributes to acheive what you are looking for.

Unfortunately this is all I will likely have time to post today as I have 2 jobs to complete.

Thank for the tip Mike,

If you post an example is better to understand.

Maybe when you have a free time, you could help me out...

Thank you very much

Yeah the same tag names in a block is a definate no-no, it doesn't work, and communication of attributes between visibility states doesn't work either. I would look at the scaling suggestion, or just the basic block and scale it when it is inserted.

Hi guys!

I'm trying to make other block using lookup parameter just like Mike had adviced me.

But I need a help, every time a change the block's size I lost the origin...

I'd like the all the block's size keep the same origin (0,0,0).

Anyone Can help me out, please??

Thank in advance

test-lookup.dwg

OK how about this as an example, I only used it for the title attribute, when you insert the block it will prompt for the title, but you have to change the visibility state before it starts working (before then all you will see is ----), but then the information is inside the block and you can then have as many visibility states as you want. Take a look see if this is OK

test (2).dwg

Thanks for the quick replay,

So, I'm trying to create a lookup and put the dimension scale and visibility state in it.

But I'm still have a problem with the attribute, I've already changed all tag's names and didn't work...

Any help will be really apreciated.

Thank you