How I can extrude this text in autoCad2006

wanted90

Hi

How I can extrude this text in AutoCad2006

I face a problem when I try to extrude text in AutoCad

please here is a AutoCad file with text please can any one extrude 30 mm

(Note : that text is not English language )

oman.zip

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• wanted90

• SEANT

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Text30mm2.JPG

After using the UNION command.

Use Express Tools > Text Explode command. Extrude each portion of the text 30mm then union.

Warning. The text gets quite large and will have to be scaled down to fit back like it did.

Look at the top of your screen where the drop-down menus are located. At the very end, after Modify, Window, and Help is there a heading that says Express? Yes or No?

If there is then you have a command called Explode Text right at your fingertips under the category Text.

Or you can type TXTEXP at the command line followed by hitting the Enter key.

Where did you disappear to? It doesn't take that long to see if you have Express Tools available.

Anyway, start the command and select the text. When it explodes it will disappear from your screen. Do a zoom > all to see it.

Now zoom in on the text and extrude it the 30mm height. When finished, union the separate parts of each letter so you end up with a single 3D solid and not multiple objects.

Once that is done you will have to scale down the text so it fits back in its original location. The percentage will be up to you. It make take multiple attempts to get it right. Be patient and you'll be rewarded.

yes I did what you said , but I find another problem that text not come as one words come each latter there is no link between character

that word converted to character

You know some days you can't always get what you want. I think the Rolling Stones said that.

Use the GROUP command on the separate characters.

Done.

Word turn into letters after Explode

what I can do now ?

just in case it's unclear....you have exploded the text in order to extrude it. it is no longer text, just lines (after the explode but before the extrude)

afaik, there is not a way to extrude actual text and maintain it as text - unless it can be done in LISP.

there may be something useful here:

http://www.lee-mac.com/programs.html

In English language the words after exploded will be ok ..

but other language like my language the words after exploded be damage

why ?

Can please give solving for that

The tools suggested above is in fact converting a text entity to a set of closed polylines resembling the original letters. It just automate the process of exporting the label in WMF format and importing it back into AutoCAD. The only setback is that a letter may be formed by more than one closed contour.

From the screen-shots posted by ReMark the appearance of the label seems to be preserved.

Can you please post a set of before/after screen shots to allow us to understand your issue?

When your text is exploded you will find that some (not all) of the letters are made up of multiple regions. That's OK. Extrude the regions 30mm. When done union the regions to achieve a single entity. The lines between regions will disappear. The first image I posted showed your text BEFORE I used the union command. The second image (in blue) is AFTER the union command is used.

You should have been able to explode, extrude, union, group and scale the text in five minutes or less. You're making this more difficult than it really needs to be. Stop over thinking the task.

Yes, I see the problem. What can I say? I'm an English speaking/writing person. The nuances of the Arabic language escape me.

It looks like it might be possible to reassemble the exploded version into something that comes close to the original but it will take some work. Have you tried to do that?

Hi Remark .. you did the text as I want ..^_^ but how you did that please tell me !

I am sorry I am weak in English

Can please explain that with easy words .