Want to draw a series of "X" or "l l" lines between 2 points (weld lines)

p0peye

Hi all,

I was tempered to reply in this post, as it kind of has the similar problem, but as the title has almost nothing to do with my problem (and the post is old) - I thought I'll post a new one...

So: I need to mark weld lines on the detail drawings with x x x x x x x if this is the site weld, and with l l l l l l l l if this is the shop weld.

Both the x x x and the l l l marks should always be orthogonal considering the weld line direction.

If the weld lines are hidden (broken), the x x and l l should also be broken. (Lee Mac's lisp can handle this!)

in the mentioned tread, I saw and tried the givven solutions, but:

1) Ahankhah's lisp is ok, but - I need "x"es and "l l"s not the "/"s. I changed the degrees of the line to 90 and it kind of works, but only if the weld line is horizontal. If the weld line is vertical, the "Unable to hatch the boundary." message is shown. Also, if the weld line is at some angle, the l l l is always vertical, and I need it to be at 90 degrees to the weld line...

For X X X I have no idea how to do it...

2) Lee Mac's lisp is excelent, but I need to draw tousends of shop/site weld lines, and it would be much better if I could:

- define the symbol that I want to copy;

- define the size of it;

- define the space between them;

- give 2 points for start/end of the line the symbols will be put along.

- enter to recall the last command, then just enter again to confirm memorized options (first 3), and just select 2 point to fill in the symbols...

It would be really nice if someone could make such a lisp - my two kids would really appreciate it, as I could spend little more time at home with them instead in the office, with my boss and colleagues...

:)

I would of course be even more grateful, as I adore them (my kids, not my boss and co.) :lol:

If it is too complicate to be made - I want to thank both Ahankhah and Lee Mac for their work, and I think I can use Lee Macs lisp, just with little more effort - it will definitely shorten my time on this task: THANS!:thumbsup: