Architecture importing into 3D Max

J D

Need your help - I've built a model in Architecture 2014 and trying to import into Max 2011. I've saved it back, as the Max version is older, but lose all of my AEC objects. I've downloaded every object enabler I can find, and several that won't install because it says there isn't a valid product found for that enabler. The proxy object window calls out a number of ADT 2007 objects, and even one from MEP 2008, (which I've never used). I've tried to export as an FBX, tried to save back to any number of older dwg files, saving vs. exporting, etc.....I am frustrated and keep hitting a brick wall. I've gone back to older built models...they import into Max perfectly. When I try to add my new model to an older file...same problem...now Max has all kinds of problems with it and I'm dead in the water. Am I missing something simple? Is it impossible to use a newer version of Architecture and import back into Max? Please help!!

I don't think you're going to have much luck with that. Autodesk 2014 programs are a different file format from 2011 programs, so when you save down to the earlier format, you will lose your AEC objects, as you have already found out. AEC objects are not backward compatible. You may need to explode those AEC objects before saving back to the earlier version.