Ordinate Dimensions and Text Upside Down and Back to Front

Hi All,

i was asked to assist with plotting some coordinated on a drawing, the catch is i need to re orientate the UCS with Y+ at the top of the screen, X+ to the right, Y- to the bottom and X- to the left......

I managed to get this part right, that was the easy part.....

However when i went to put any Dimension or even Text on the drawing it was Backwards and Upside Down. :?

Please can someone help me...

I have added a small screenshot for reference ....

Thank You

Backward Screen.jpg

What you did was change your "view" of the geometry, but the UCS is still "Top" and dims and text are always drawn on the current UCS.

If it needs to be plotted that way, perhaps the geometry should be mirrored?

With regard to the original question, switch to Bottom View via the View Toolbar, or the View Menu (View > Named Views > Bottom > Set Current) and adjust the UCS as needed.

or, if the the view is already correct... UCS > View at the command line, then place your dims and text.

Hi Nestly,

Thank you for your prompt reply,

I tried that, all it did unfortunately was mirror the drawing, is there another way to re orientate the UCS with Y- at the top of the screen, X+ to the right, Y+ to the bottom and X- to the left and keep the text and dimensions the right way round?

How about this? I've simulated the linework in your drawing as well as the UCS shown in your screencapture. First ordinate dimension is placed using the rotated UCS (upside down and backward) 2nd dimension placed after UCS > View

UCS.gif