iPhone/ iPad Floor Plan Apps

j4cksincl4ir

Does anyone here use one of those floor plan creating apps for the iPad or iPad?

As far as I know, the app allows the user to triangulate points in a room which creates a plan drawing.

I wonder if this app created plan can be moved into AutoCAD back in the office so that it can be touched up etc.

"I wonder if this app created plan can be moved into AutoCAD back in the office so that it can be touched up etc."

Sounds like another disaster in the making. It will end up being just like using PDFs. Headaches.

I've found an app called Magic Plan that creates floor plans from photographs taken by the iPod. I don't mind if it doesn't transfer to AutoCAD easily, as I'm more interested in taking dimensions without a notepad and freehand sketch drawings.

Well let us know how that experiment goes as I am sure there will be a few people here who would be interested in learning more.

Amen.

On a related note has anyone tried the iPad version of AutoCAD? Is it any good?

dJE

I've found an app called Magic Plan that creates floor plans from photographs taken by the iPod. I don't mind if it doesn't transfer to AutoCAD easily, as I'm more interested in taking dimensions without a notepad and freehand sketch drawings.

Autodesk has an app similar to that. 123D CAD, it creates a 3D Model based on pictures of an object.

Amen.

On a related note has anyone tried the iPad version of AutoCAD? Is it any good?

dJE

We tried it quite a while back (2 and a half years maybe?) and we had some serious display issues. I have it on my Blackberry, but haven't tried it out yet.

I have both AutoCAD 360 and AutoDesk 360 on my Galaxy Note 10. They are getting better with each revision but as a season AutoCAD user I find them very limiting and tedious. I do also have an ipod touch and I will try that MagicPlan you mentioned.

hello i'm new to forum but would like to help .. I have used all the apps for the phone and ipad the best by far is an app I use everyday for work its called my measures it has a free version and a paid upgrade u can take a pic of an object or a room touch the screen and type numbers or notes ./. u can then email them or add them to the cloud so that other users can see the pics it worked well for doing kitchen measurements and it great for emailing as a pdf that can be viewed once I get home on large screen and can be added to client files.

• 5 months later...

I would recommend you an iPad application, it is called OrthoGraph. It is a professional floor plan creating app. It is not cheap but In my opinion it's worth's the price. The app has a very intuitive interface and the company runs a YouTube Channel that contains plenty of useful video tutorials.

It has DXF and IFC ouputs so the created files are easily convertable to AutoCAD.

It's worth to check the website there is an interesting video about the application: http://www.orthograph.net/