Wrong strech at dinamic block

sunsan

Hello!

I'm trying to make a dinamic block wich can be differents steel channels. I'm using strech for the width, depth and thickness. I started drawing the bigger one C10x25 and then added the different dimensions. This C10x25 looks good, but the rest... I don't know what is happening with the width and thickness :( Channel Dinamic Block.dwg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dana W

• sunsan

• Mike_Taylor

• Gatekeeper101

Nope, no LT version has the abillity to create them, but like 3D solids, we can gaze in awe, and then delete them when they get in the way, but seriously LT cannot create or edit constraints, if they are in a drawing and work then that is fine. I do agree that the parameter table is probably the best way to go for something like this.

Cannot retrieve attachment . . . but like steven-g said LT does not allow all functionality, and from what he said LT doesn't allow constraints . . . but if you upload the file again, I'll look at it.

LT 2014, I believe is the first LT release that has full constraints functionality.

Damn - really, the company upgraded us to 2013 not long ago, it'll be at least 5 years before I can get my hands on constraints - Double Damn :cry:

Damn - really, the company upgraded us to 2013 not long ago, it'll be at least 5 years before I can get my hands on constraints - Double Damn :cry:

Hehehehehe. :twisted:

LT 2014, I believe is the first LT release that has full constraints functionality.

looking at this that doesn't appear to be the case, I'll take a look on a colleagues machine here soon.

looking at this that doesn't appear to be the case, I'll take a look on a colleagues machine here soon.
Is there another kind of constraint? The trial version I had certainly had a tab for parametric constraints. Maybe I misunderstood what it was. I didn't use it. Maybe it just says "This tab intentionally left blank." when clicked on.

Maybe I was just stressed out due to being in constraints, here at the farm.

In fact, there are a few tab sub buttons on the LT ribbon that hint at functionality not checked off of the LT side of that comparison. I probably can't download the trial again for a while to check it out. It has only been a couple of weeks. In truth, I only downloaded it to stress test my graphics board in my new computer. It passed. I suspected it because 2009 LT is giving me fits on that machine.

I'll go with whatever proves out.

Is there another kind of constraint? The trial version I had certainly had a tab for parametric constraints. Maybe I misunderstood what it was. I didn't use it. Maybe it just says "This tab intentionally left blank." when clicked on.

Maybe I was just stressed out due to being in constraints, here at the farm.

In fact, there are a few tab sub buttons on the LT ribbon that hint at functionality not checked off of the LT side of that comparison.

It very well could be there, and would make sense if it was as there are some visibility options available, as mentioned earlier the constraints are present in LT, but they cannot be added or manipulated in any way.

EDIT: I quite possibly am wrong about this. After all, I once bought a FIAT.

It very well could be there, and would make sense if it was as there are some visibility options available, as mentioned earlier the constraints are present in LT, but they cannot be added or manipulated in any way.
I will accept that. Thanks for clearing it up.