Spam

JD Mather

What if I don't want to be safe from "those" kinds of ads. :?

Well then don't do that at work! :lol:

On a more serious tone, I think we all can unanimously agree that 'those' kind of ads are simply unacceptable morally which don't represent the good site that is CAD Tutor.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• CADTutor

• tzframpton

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with you JD.

I block all the ads in Firefox, so I have never seen that,

but that is definitely unacceptable, I am surprised that

who ever checks advertising content didn't kick that

one to the curb. :beer:

You know websites cost money to run right? You know they generate revenue by the ads so you can go to those websites right?

You know websites cost money to run right? You know they generate revenue by the ads so you can go to those websites right?

Did you read response #20?

"Dear all, thanks for bringing this to my attention. The ads that JD is seeing are unacceptable and underhand; they're not the type of ads I want to see on this site. "

I haven't been able to post anything to CAD Tutor from that particular machine ever since I posted this thread?

I keep getting error - Message too short.

• 1 month later...

If you use the web with a PC then you are unfortunately in the 'fair-game' category for web commerce. I don't feel that the responsibility lies entirely with a web site that is generally providing a service which is free to the end user. In which case the user of the free service has a responsibility to use it diligently and take steps to remain safe. A cynical view is that the virus/anti-virus/OS/web/trojan/cookie/XXXX relationship is symbiotic - one would not exist without the other/s. Modern technological commerce is a murky world that we choose to indulge in and although it is complex, users have to be adequately educated and equipped or accept the chaff. My positive input is to surf with a mobile phone (yuk) which apparently can only run a single process at a time or use a 'live' boot OS like Puppy Linux (others are available) which resides entirely in RAM and all nasties evaporate at the end of session........

• 2 months later...

It's adds like this that I just cannot stand. This American Express add has been up all morning. Even when I leave for a while and come back, or refresh my browser window, it's still there, monopolizing the add space. And if I accidentally hover my mouse over it for more than 2 seconds a window pops up, forcing me to watch a Maroon 5 video. Yes, I can close the window, but it is still very annoying and underhanded advertising. If I want to click the banner, that's my choice, but forcing it down my throat is not cool. :glare:

Underhanded Advertising.jpg

I HATE those "hover here for a full screen ad" sites. I regularly go to a couple of motor sport sites and you have to navigate you way around very carefully to avoid them all. Do these advertisers really think that popping up unannounced is the way to sell me something?

If I want to click the banner, that's my choice, but forcing it down my throat is not cool. :glare:

Agreed, that's not good user experience. I'll see what I can do.