Your advise about VB.net

Michaels

Hello dear friends :)

I would like to know which release of the Visual basic .Net is the best to use , because I have seen people still using the release of 2008 and very satisfied with it and do not want to move to 2010 or 2012 and this thing kept me confused :?

I need your advice in this regard because I have the willing to start learning VB.net very soon to use it with Autocad .

Thank you so much .

I would like to know which release of the Visual basic .Net is the best to use , because I have seen people still using the release of 2008 and very satisfied with it and do not want to move to 2010 or 2012 and this thing kept me confused :?

I need your advice in this regard because I have the willing to start learning VB.net very soon to use it with Autocad .

Just to clarify some terminology, if I may :)....

Visual Basic (VB) .NET is a commonly used language to develop software for the .NET Framework.

Visual Studio is Microsoft's Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the .NET Framework, which is (generally speaking) essentially a large library of namespaces, Classes (Types), Properties, Methods, and Events, which can be accessed by multiple languages (Visual Basic, C#, F#, etc.).

If you're just starting out with .NET development, I'd suggest that you download Visual Studio 2012 Express for Desktop while it is still available, as Autodesk has not yet released a .NET Wizard for Visual Studio 2013 Express... You can still code plug-ins for AutoCAD with Visual Studio 2013 Express, you just have to setup your own templates. As you're new, I thought it might save you a step.

HTH

If you used the default install location, create a desktop shortcut pointing to the file:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\VSWinExpress.exe"

If you used the default install location, create a desktop shortcut pointing to the file:

Thank you SEANT for your reply .

I have just finished the installation of the Program and it looks great , many thanks for you all .

I faced a problem that the Toolbox and the file name is not beside each other , how to get them side by side ?

Thanks

Untitled-1.jpg

I finished the download but I can not see any shortcut of the program neither on Desktop and the Start menu of Windows :(

You can also simply Right Click + Drag a copy of the shortcut found in Start, All Programs, Microsoft Visual Studio* to your desktop, etc. :thumbsup:

You can also simply Right Click + Drag a copy of the shortcut found in Start, All Programs, Microsoft Visual Studio* to your desktop, etc. :thumbsup:

Good point.

Though, with Windows 8.*, "Start, All Programs, . . . ." will be hard to find. :(

... with Windows 8.*, "Start, All Programs, . . . ." will be hard to find. :(

I do think it silly that the Start button was removed from Win8 OOTB... Have you tried Start8, or similar?

innovation_full.png

Actually, I haven't. I'm fairly new to Windows 8 on an x86, and decided to give it a legitimate try before modifying much. If I feel to much aggravation I probably will give that a try.

Actually, I haven't. I'm fairly new to Windows 8 on an x86, and decided to give it a legitimate try before modifying much. If I feel to much aggravation I probably will give that a try.

Not sure when I'll upgrade to Win8, I just remember reading an article on this topic... If you give this a try, let us know how it goes?

Cheers :beer:

I am (now) on W7 at work since being upgraded from XP but I have Win8 at home.

I find it OK but I rarely go to the Win8 screen much prefering the Start8 interface. Win8 may be perfect for a touch screen but certainly not for a mouse user.

And if you like playing card games Start8 allows you to resize the window to something sensible. Cards full screen on a large monitor is not comfortable!