dxf files rename and content changing for dxf files

nithink55

hii all...

i have 100 dxf drawings in a folder. i want change its file name from 69xx to 70xx

and its content also will be changing from 69xx to 70xx.

can you help me out. i am also working on this...

thanks

nithin

For renaming the files I suggest you to look for a third part tool - one example is LupasRename (freeware).

its content also will be changing from 69xx to 70xx.

Please clarify, what do you mean by this?

i have around 100 dxf files basically its file name and text in the file are to be changed.

the txt inside the dxf file is like 69-5511,69-5512,69-5513....etc.

in one dxf there will be only one text and that has to be changed to 70-xxxx.

If the content of those files is only one string and taking into consideration that DXF is an ASCII (plain text) file, then may want to look for a text editor that supports batch processing; one example is NotePad++.

;; purge, zoom and saves all drawings in a folder
;; By Abbas Aqdam
(defun C:PZT ( / path files dwg sf )
(if (or (= (getvar "SDI") 0) (> (getvar "DBMOD") 0))
  (alert "Please: \n\n1-SAVE and close all open drawing!\n\n2-Set SDI to 0")
  (progn
     (setq path "C:\\TEST\\")
     (setq files (vl-directory-files path "*.dwg" 1))
     (if (> (length files) 0)
        (progn
           (setq sf (open (strcat path "T.SCR") "w"))
           (write-line "Filedia" sf)
           (write-line "0" sf)
           (foreach dwg files
              (write-line "open" sf)
              (write-line (strcat "\"" path dwg "\"") sf)
              (write-line "(command \"purge\" \"a\" \"*\" \"N\")" sf)
              (write-line "(command \"zoom\" \"e\" \"zoom\" \"s\" \"0.95x\")" sf)
              (write-line "qsave" sf)
           );foreach
           (write-line "Filedia" sf)
           (write-line "1" sf)
           (close sf)
           (command "script" (strcat path "t.scr"))
        );progn
        (Alert (strcat "There is no dwg files in " path "!"))
     );if
  );progn
);if
);defun

hope instead of purge and zoom we can use the edit text commands..

awaiting reply..

That code is building a script for a list of files; you will need to call it later by SCRIPT command. There are other solutions to do this for a bunch of files, one being the use of Excel (or other worksheet application, for that matter).

I didn’t suggested you above the script approach since I’m really not sure how to edit a text entity by a pattern using this technology.

I didn’t suggested you above the script approach since I’m really not sure how to edit a text entity by a pattern using this technology.

what do you mean by pattern?

69 replaced with 70 right??

seriously i dont know how to use notepad++, and no idea how to do in excel also..

may be ii have to study more about notepad++

thanks for your quick reply...

nithin

By pattern edit I mean to replace "69-????" with "70-????" - that it replace only a part of the string.

Excel will come handy only if someone will be able to contribute with a solution to do this edit by script; then you may generate a list of the files to be edited, write the script for first one and use Excel's features to clone that for all files.

not wishing to confuse the issue but I would be very wary of trying to replace patterns in a DXF file. you might just replace a dxf code instead of a text string and totally change the structure.

I am confused as to whether you intend using AutoCAD to change these or by a text editor. From your reference to DXF files I assumed you didn't want to use AutoCAD but now I'm not so sure.

Personally I would use the DOS RENAME command to change file names and would open the DXF file in AutoCAD and do a find & replace. As usual I am sure Lee Mac has one of these already written.

I intend using AutoCAD to change text in dxf file. can u please send the code for this

DOS RENAME command to change file names and would open the DXF file in AutoCAD and do a find & replace. As usual I am sure Lee Mac has one of these already written.

and please find the dxf file i attached.

thanks

999969-25-M008.dxf

can u please send the code for this

I don't have the code for this.

If you search for Lee Mac you will find he has a lot of LISP files in his collection. I am sure there is a search and replace one in there.

The DOS command would be (something like) REN ????69*.DXF ????70*.DXF but try it on a copy first.

Thanks Mr. dbroada and Mr.Msasu i have got the lisp file bfind. please find the attached....

still i am facing prob in opening files from directory and executing... any way i am doing with option "all opened drawings"...

Thanks again

nithin

BFindV2-0.lsp