Dynamic block value not showing in table

da3d4lu5

Hi guys,

I've created this dynamic block for work. Its an overhead cupboard with 4 doors. My problem is that when i create a table through data extraction the value for the length and height for the doors aren't shown (The column this there with a heading, no value), the length of the cabinet and visibility is though. Do i need to assign an action or something for the value to be displayed?

Thanks

4 DOOR OHC - ELEVATION.dwg

Upon initial inspection of your block, you somehow have two Visibility States, which is impossible unless you're using some LISP customization. The Visibility States were throwing some errors, not to mention they weren't controlling anything so I deleted them. Also, you have a Block Table in the Dynamic Block but did not have any Dimensional Constraints, so I deleted it as well. The DOOR HEIGHT Linear Parameter didn't have any Action applied do it which is why it wasn't showing up in the Data Extraction. I applied a simple Stretch Parameter to it and now it's showing the Stretch Grips and values when Data Extraction is ran. Probably the reason why the other Values weren't showing up in Data Extraction is due to the multiple Visibility States. You only need one. I've seen the pseudo LISP routine floating around the interwebz that allows for multiple Visibility States, so proceed with caution next time if this is how you're circumventing the natural format of a Dynamic Block.

Attached is the edited version. Play with the Stretch Values and right-click > Update Table Data Links to see the values update dynamically. Hope this helps. :)

- Tannar

4 DOOR OHC - ELEVATION_TZF.dwg

Edited by tzframpton

Hi Tzframpton,

Thanks for your help so far, sorry the dwg was messy it was a work in progress. when i open the drawing its asking for the data extraction file, could you please attach it, because when i get to model space all 3 OHC doors are the same size and when you stretch only the carcass moves and the table won't update.

How did you get autocad to recognize the door length, it couldn't get it to work and would like to know how its done.

Cheers

Already deleted the Data Extraction file, so simply delete the Table and create a new Data Extraction. I DL'ed mine and purged the Data Extraction for you. As long as you have the Dynamic Block categories selected when you run through the new Data Extraction, you'll grab all the items you need for the table information.

:)

4 DOOR OHC - ELEVATION_TZF (1).dwg