Text Format

alijahed

Hi All,

Experiencing a frustrating one now.

I setup different text style to use in different area trying to be smart!

Then when we decided to change the font, font size (basically reformat the text style) I went to "Format>Text Style" did the changes but none of those changes applied!!!

Regen All, Sync for attributes and save reopen the document were also not helpful.

basically, you need to manually go select the text and then on Properties menu reselect on the exactly same Text Style to apply the changes!!!

To me seriously stupid!

Any suggestions, please....

Not really!

It is a problem in AutoCAD.

I have different Text Styles, I use Mtext, from the drop down menu select a desirable text format, type something and finish it. Then I go to "Format Text" change the font size of that text format and nothing is happening!

Regen All, again doesn't help.

You are doing exactly what I said, overriding the font from within the text editor. When you to do that, changing the font in the text style will not affect any text that has been overridden with the text editor.

You are doing exactly what I said, overriding the font from within the text editor. When you to do that, changing the font in the text style will not affect any text that has been overridden with the text editor.

Right as rain Rob. :beer:

It is a misunderstanding here.

If what I've done is overriding then what is the purpose of having "Text Format"?! I set this up to give me the flexibility to change the format globally on that specific dwg file so to me it has to work this way.

Other than that is stupid ;)

Text.jpg

You are missing the smart part. That font setting drop down menu is for overriding the text style for that individual piece of text or parts thereof. For instance, if you wanted to change just one word, you would do it with that menu. Leave it alone if you want to be able to make global changes to your text. If you do not override from that menu, changes that you make to the text style will globally change all the text on that style that has not been overridden using the text editor. That is why it is called a text editor and not the style editor which is where you change the settings for the style which will globally change all the text using that style that has not been overridden with the text editor.

You should be able to use the drop-downs to change the the text style/size etc with the text editor as long as you apply it to the whole Mtext object (ie do not highlight and apply overrrides.)

Untitled.gif

Can you please explain how to do that?

I cannot remember the command there is LTScale for line as I remember. Do we have something like that for Text?

Can you please explain how to do that?

I cannot remember the command there is LTScale for line as I remember. Do we have something like that for Text?

That can also be assigned in the Text Style. If this is something that you want to be able to do on a regular basis, be sure to have a text height assigned in the text style before creating any text using that style. Also, do not override any heights in the editor.

If you want to fix your drawing(s), look for a LISP called STPMText. It, and others like it, remove any overrides that have been applied using the text editor. I use it on a regular basis. After that, you should be able to make global changes using the Text Style.