I am a little new to assigning attributes. My company had a block with two attibutes that I need to alter. When the block is inserted, it asks a quantity. The other attribute is titled location. I am told if needed, all these quantities can be totaled per drawing. It has a title of "location". Two things: Can someone explain how to replicate this action? And is there a way to show all properties of a field for an attribute?

Thanks,

Nobull

So, your goal is to summate the values that were inputted in Quantity attribute in all blocks from current drawing? May want to check the DATAEXTRACTION command - it will give you a report that may be later edited in Excel (or other worksheet tool, for that matter) to get the sum.

And is there a way to show all properties of a field for an attribute?

Can you detail what are those said properties?

The property is a stud callout along a steel beam.

I did a test with a smaller drawing and that does appear to do what we need (I think). The new block I had made wasn't quite what the original was like but I suppose the true test will be when we need to count these attributes in a larger job (not too often that happens). Thanks for the command. I think this does the same as what my supervisor had setup just in a different way. Learn something new everyday!

Thanks again,

Nobull