MSLTS Resets to (0) after save and close

nnatev

Running Autocad Architecture 2014:

I am running into a problem, I like to use the annotative line type scale when I open the drawing i have to set the MSLTS to (0), and PSLTS to (0), LTS is already at (0). When I set these settings then save the drawing (saves as autocad 2013 version), close it down and re-open it the MSLTS and PSLTS settings reset back to (0). I've tried everything to get these settings to save but nothing works. Any suggestions?

**sorry just read this post again, I want to keep these settings MSLTS (1), PSLTS (1), and LTS (1), after a save and re open they reset to (0)

Edited by nnatev

It might be a case that an acaddoc.lsp is running each time you open a drawing and resetting these variables. type the following on the command line

(findfile "acaddoc.lsp")

it will either return the path where it is or return nil. If it returns the path then you will have to speak with either the person who created it, unless it is saved locally.

Are there any lisp files loading automatically at start up? if so it may also be that the variables are being set in one of the lisp files. Again speak with whoever is responsible for CAD (IT, CAD Admin, CAD manager etc) in your company to find out the reasoning behind it.

If you are setting them to (0) and saving they SHOULD be (0) when you open the drawing, LTSCALE must be a positive non-zero number, I must be missing something.

MSLTSCALE

Scales linetypes displayed on the model tab by the annotation scale.

0 Linetypes displayed on the Model tab are not scaled by the annotation scale

1 Linetypes displayed on the Model tab are scaled by the annotation scale

Note: MSLTSCALE is set to 0 when you open drawings created in AutoCAD 2007 and earlier.

PSLTSCALE

Controls the linetype scaling of objects displayed in paper space viewports.

0 No special linetype scaling. Linetype dash lengths are based on the drawing units of the space (model or paper) in which the objects were created. Scaled by the global LTSCALE factor.

1\Viewport scaling governs linetype scaling. If TILEMODE is set to 0, dash lengths are based on paper space drawing units, even for objects in model space. In this mode, viewports can have varying magnifications, yet display linetypes identically. For a specific linetype, the dash lengths of a line in a viewport are the same as the dash lengths of a line in paper space. You can still control the dash lengths with LTSCALE.

When you change PSLTSCALE or use a command such as ZOOM with PSLTSCALE set to 1, objects in viewports are not automatically regenerated with the new linetype scale. Use the REGEN or REGENALL command to update the linetype scales in each viewport.

LTSCALE (SYSVAR)

Sets the global linetype scale factor.

The linetype scale factor cannot equal zero. This system variable has the same name as a command. Use the SETVAR command to access this system variable.