Problem with MEASURE and SPLINE

castagnaccio

Hello to everybody,

this is my first thread and I hope you will help me :)

Let's start by saying that my mother tongue is not English, so I'll do some mistakes! :oops:

I'm having some issues with the command MEASURE on a SPLINE.

problema autocad.jpg

I drew a spline that is 7 km long, then I used the measure to draw for each 1 meter a block (light blue circle), then I made the same thing but for each 10 meters. The problem is that (see the attached .jpg file) that in just one section of the whole spline, CAD drew the circles not every 1 meter (nor 10 meters) but they got narrower and then started to become normal as on the left of the pic.

Does anyone know why?

Many thanks :)

wow :) that's correct! Many thanks eldon!

I've just checked the coordinates with the command _list and the point where the spline runns has a Z value of 282! Every other point that I used to drew the spline is at 0!

Now I'm trying to understand how to edit the coordinates of that point..

Open the properties palette and click on the spline. In the properties palette under Data Points click in the right hand column of Current Fit point, it will be set at 1 when you start. Click on the right hand navigation button and the number will increase and in the graphics window a red cross will appear on the current fit point, you can also see the coordinates of the fit point. Just keep clicking the navigate button until you come to the fit point with the incorrect Z value and then edit that value in the properties palette. That should fix your problem.

Also thanks to you Tyke for your replay :)

actually I've remowed that point and I've replaced it by just coping one blue cross point that was near it :). I'll check later your solution!

But now I have another similar problem :(

I drew another spline but now the z value changes between 2 point that I used to drew the line (please see the picture that I've attached)

prob 2.jpg

yeah.. I was about to update the thread, telling that I just found the same solution :D

This time my starting point had a Z value of 272! ahahh

Many thanks guys for the help! ;)

If every point that you are using is meant to have a Z value of zero, then consider using a polyline instead of a spline.

A polyline keeps to one Z value only :D

If you draw a polyline to the control points with straight lines, then use the Pedit command to Fit a curve. You can specify the start tangent line and the finish tangent line.

I always use a polyline, because the spline has properties all of its own.