AutoCAD Pausing

tennis4you

I am still struggling with the same issue. I would like to uninstall AutoCAD and reinstall and see if the same issue keeps happening, but I am afraid I might get into licensing issues. When it happens I have good access to the rest of the computer, I just have to wait for AutoCAD to unfreeze. Only happens when opening AutoCAD right now and go to make the first action.

I do not know if I have file indexing on. Not exactly sure what that is.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennis4you

• ReMark

• rkmcswain

• Dana W

File indexing is a Windows feature that makes finding files on your hard drive easier when you use Explorer.

You won't get into licensing issues if you use the license transfer utility.

Thanks.

If I do reinstall AutoCAD, would I dare use the export and import custom settings, or do you think the problem could exist in there?

EDIT - I just uninstalled, reinstalled and imported my custom settings. All seems good for now. Fingers crossed.

Edited by tennis4you

I stumbled across this thread... thought I'd also mention in addition to the process monitoring software early in the thread, I use http://bitsum.com/processlasso/ (which I've now installed on EVERY PC I use), it's a must-have application that will ensure that whatever program you choose (or have top-most) will receive higher than normal priority (i.e. AutoCAD).

(In case you have other processes in the background that are slowing your system down), if those background apps start to degrade your top-most apps performance, ProcessLasso will notice this and momentarily drop the offending apps processor priority, so you can continue to use AutoCAD (or whatever other apps you choose) at full processor speed/priority) Great app, highly recommend it.

Well sadly the 30 second delay is back. I even tried that bitsum process lasso above but it did not help. Something is screwy and I am not sure how to pin point it with the process monitoring system thing. Crap.

Have you disabled the CommCenter?

Did you verify all the paths you send AutoCAD down looking for files?

Did you try temporarily disabling your anti-virus program?

I would also confirm if your AutoCAD installation is (or preferrably, is NOT) looking for files on a "network" drive. If you are opening files over a network connection, move them locally (temporarily) to see if that solves the issue.... and always remove any extraneous "support files search path" dirs that aren't needed.

After it loads, hit F2 (to see the command window). Are there any messages? (often, if installing 3rd party tools, takes time for them to load)... any loading of extra tools should be visible in that window.

Well sadly the 30 second delay is back. I even tried that bitsum process lasso above but it did not help. Something is screwy and I am not sure how to pin point it with the process monitoring system thing. Crap.

Apologies because I did not read every post in between #6 and #26, but in case this wasn't mentioned.

Reboot your machine.

Unplug the network cable.

If you are on Wifi, disable Wifi.

IOW - make sure there are no network connections

Now fire up the application.

Same delay?

Thanks guys. Struggling to get the delay happen every time right now. Kinda like last time, it crept in until it happened every time. I will try some of the stuff above.

Let me ask 2 questions: AutoCAD does not seem to ask me if I have 64 bit or 32 bit. I have 64 bit running on my system. Does AutoCAD detect it or is the 32 bit installed and having issues with the 64 bit system?

How do I know which support paths are bad? I have 6 now. Only one points to the network and that is to a list of hatches I use. The other ones are:

english\support

english\r17\enu\support

english\help

english\support\color

english\fonts

The installation DVD comes with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the program. It will load the correct one.

If you purposely tried to load the 64-bit version on a 32-bit system it would fail.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I had this problem for a while, it started about 3 weeks back.

I found the problem goes away if I disconnect from the internet??

Don't ask me why.

D8)

Hi Guys

I had this problem for a while, it started about 3 weeks back.

I found the problem goes away if I disconnect from the internet??

Don't ask me why.

D8)

Maybe because it is trying to make contact with the CommCenter. Many users disable the CommCenter (a.k.a. - the InfoCenter).