HTML Files Received With Cad Drawings

gsksun4

I recently was sent cad drawings and along with the cad files, they sent .HTML files.

First time I've seen this and when I click on the HTML file, it just opens my Internet Explorer to my usual home page AOL. Any idea what these files are for? At first I thought there might be something linked on the internet to the drawing.

Glenn

2009LT

Maybe it has something to do with the creation of a formatted web page that included a DWF image of the drawing?
Or for the email formatting itself. Either way I don't think it has anything to do with AutoCAD.

Why not ask them what the HTML files are for if you're curious?

First off, thanks to all for the replys. To answer TUNS, the "Them" is a customer who has no knowledge. The drawings are created by a third party. The architech was my next move, but my IT staff googled it and it has to do with the version of Office (Old ) of course and our E-Mail. Something it reads when a file is attached and adds the HTML.

So tzf, you are correct and I'm relieved. I never know what to expect with add ons and object enablers and whatnot.

Again, thanks to all and have a great day.

Glenn