labelling "structure pipe outlines"

idiggplants

Shouldn't be that hard to create a label with that information, all the information is there on the pipe, it's just a matter of accessing it. If you're still here and interested, can you send me an example of your file?

And no, ReMark is not the standard of this forum. Sorry that your first run-in was with him.

Update:

Something like this?

thanks very much for your kind response. im still here. i have a lot of deadlines today so ill have to come back tomorrow/later today with an attachment.

in that picture, i want to label the pipe shown as an ellipse close to the sump on that structure. i kind of had an idea last night that might work. a second structure label. its not ideal but it would be dynamic. like i said, let me get back to you later. thanks very much for your time and patience.

-digg.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• idiggplants

• ReMark

• Tiger

• Tuns

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok, found time on lunch....

connecting pipes.jpg

the text in white is what she is asking for. im requesting that it could be shown behind the inverts on the structure label, but what i usually see is what the white multi-leaders show.

if absolutely necessary, i could make a second structure label and only show the incoming pipe info without inverts, and somehow make the dragged state leader anchor point movable.

what a pain in the neck.

I played around a bit with this last night, and I am having trouble finding the info on the structure, perhaps you need to make a moveable label on the pipe instead. Wondering if it's possible to make a moveable landing point...

This is mostly speculation from me, I am off work quite a bit over the holidays, maybe I'll need to get a few hours in tomorrow and I can fiddle some with this then.

thanks for your time.

im planning on trying to get the engineer to not require it... im thinking the easiest solution beyond that would be to just do some multileaders.

I'd label the structure pipe outline with the invert elevation and size/material of pipe. Ex. - El.=123.45 (15" RCP) That's all it needs. The remainder of the information is shown elsewhere thus it does not have to be repeated. That's the way it was done where I worked and I drew (manually) hundreds of plan/profile sheets in my day. Putting in the extra info is a waste of time and money (as in profit).

I disagree. The more places it is labelled then

a) the more likely an error in the design will be detected during the design process &

b) the more likely it is that the design intent will be followed during construction.

im asking if it is possible to do through civil3d. so everything is dynamic. so no, i havent provided my own answer. obviously i know i can put them on there with mtext, or mleaders. i could also hand write it on all the sheets after it comes out.

I've never bothered to try to label this automatically in Civil 3D and always manually calculate & label the inverts of crossing services and other pipes entering a pit on the stormwater line longitudinal section.

Use a structure label. Add a "text for each" component. You can create a label that will show all the information you need.