AutoCAD and a Smartboard

Mike_Taylor

We recently purchased a smart board to allow for us to further collaborate on some of our larger projects. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with utilizing a smart board with tablet input in AutoCAD to see if this is something worth while implementing.

More info can the smart board replicate a mouse ?

How is the screen input done ?

I have used tablets and basicly you set up a screen area and you move puck it moves in Autocad plus can have menus as well.

"TABLET"

• 2 weeks later...

I have not seen autocad on a smartboard. You might find it better just to use a dwg viewer with mark up tools. Running autocad on a tablet might choke it up.

A smartboard is a large touch based white board that uses a projector to display the image on the screen. Most school classrooms have them arohnd here.

More info can the smart board replicate a mouse ?

How is the screen input done ?

I have used tablets and basicly you set up a screen area and you move puck it moves in Autocad plus can have menus as well.

"TABLET"

The smartboard can replicate a moune, and it can be controlled via stylus OR simply your fingers.

I have not seen autocad on a smartboard. You might find it better just to use a dwg viewer with mark up tools. Running autocad on a tablet might choke it up.

The machine this is running off of is exremely high end and should not be choked up, so this is not a concern.

A smartboard is a large touch based white board that uses a projector to display the image on the screen. Most school classrooms have them arohnd here.

Ours is actually and 84" interactive display. It does not project but is essentially a TV that allows for input via a touchscreen.

A tablet runs independant of a mouse as a side device with the ability to have a screen area you may find that if you go this way you may turn off the touchscreen mouse capacity. Only way to find out is get a tablet and set it up.

Isn't the advantage of a smartboard that the other end can take control also so why remove this technology.

A tablet runs independant of a mouse as a side device with the ability to have a screen area you may find that if you go this way you may turn off the touchscreen mouse capacity. Only way to find out is get a tablet and set it up.

Isn't the advantage of a smartboard that the other end can take control also so why remove this technology.

That is the huge advantage. We were just wanting to look for way we could use the smartboard for design purposes, and one was to modify object directly in AutoCAD. We are also wanting to use it for future CAD training I will do and some things could be done this way. We use other methods for the most part (we have a plug-in for Revit, we use the DWF Reviewer and PDF). WE are essentially exploring all of our possibilities.