Professional 2D CAD application for the tablet - looking for beta testers

ojstudios

Hi, Orange Juice Studios have been creating a professional 2D CAD application for the tablet market over the last 2 years and are now looking for beta testers. If you're interested in becoming a beta tester or simply in CAD and how it can be used on the tablet, have a look at this.... http://bit.ly/18AbQIW. Thanks.

Seems like an odd name for a company developing a professional 2D CAD app. Anybody here check these guys out or does the thought of clicking on that link fill you with dread?

So..."oj" (is your last name Simpson?), what is the name of this "professional" 2D CAD app? What others apps has ojstudios developed that we might have heard of?

Ha ha. No dread intended! We've not released any other apps as we very naively thought we would start with a 2D CAD app as our first!

We are based in London and our website can be found by googling 'Orange Juice Studios' - since we're a bit nervous about links I won't put any on this response! There is also an update video there of our progress (albeit a few months old now) on our website. The update video can also be found by searching 'orange juice studios cad' on youtube.

The link in my original post is safe, it takes you to a mailchimp newsletter we recently sent out to our subscribers containing information on our steps to launch and the survey for selecting beta testers.

Hope that explains a bit, suspicion is understandable since its out first post but the glove certainly does not fit in this case :D

Oh, and the app name is CADO.

Thanks for being so forthcoming.

I'm pretty sure we have forum members who are tablet users. Maybe one or more of them would be willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good and test your application. Hopefully they can share their comments with the rest of us here at CADTutor.

Good luck with your venture.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I was going to jump in but I see it is iOS only :( Let me know if you try for an android fork and I'll try it on my Galaxy Note.

Good luck though :)

OK, just read through the site and watched the UI demo video. I am impressed so far. Still not going to buy an iPad but I wish you luck as there is a NEED for a professional 2D cad app that just hasn't been filled yet.

OK, just read through the site and watched the UI demo video. I am impressed so far. Still not going to buy an iPad but I wish you luck as there is a NEED for a professional 2D cad app that just hasn't been filled yet.

I filled out their form but so far I haven't heard back as to whether or not I am accepted into the beta program.

Seems like an odd name for a company developing a professional 2D CAD app. . . . .

Conceivably, "Apple Juice Studios" would have flirted with injunction.

Hi all, thanks for showing as much interest as you have. To answer a few of the questions;

1. We will port to Android following the release of CADO on the iOS system. We focused on the iPad initially given the fragmented Android tablet market at the moment. We're hoping for a clear leader to emerge this year.

2. We have received the beta testing requests and will be going through the selection process this month. We should be in a position to confirm beta testers towards the end of the month/early February.

3. Apple Juice Studios - meh, just doesn't have the same 'snap' to it :D

Thanks again for the kind words of support, for a small design company it does mean a lot.

Another little snippet about our development - http://www.deskeng.com/virtual_desktop/?p=6535.

Regards

Vim.

I always thought that drawing on a touch screen or a tablet would be pretty difficult. The offset cursor is a great idea! It actually looks very user friendly.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, just a quick update.

We're now heading for Kickstarter. The request for beta testers has been overwhelming and we are now looking at the next phase. For our latest newsletter and information on the Kickstarter campaign, feel free to take a look here. http://bit.ly/NA7bN5

The beta testing programme was slightly delayed and will look to begin the progamme when the Kickstarter campaign concludes. On that note, we are depending on the success of the campaign to deliver the best damn cad app for tablet computing. We dont have to protect our cashcows which charge £1000 per licence.... it can be done!

There has been a lot of talk recently about cad developers not listening to what cad users actually want (http://www.cadalyst.com/management/open-letter-cad-software-companies-18527) - we're different. We're listening so please get in touch. www.orangejuicestudios.com

Cheers