XCLIPFRAME won't stay set to 0

I am having issues with XCLIPFRAME properties - every time I open a file, I have to re-set to 0;

If I save the file and re-open it agian, later, the frames are back, and I have to reset them to 0 again.

I've tried setting FRAME to 0, as well, but it doesn't work. Can anyone tell me where I could find an override for this issue?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ty520

• mostafa badran

• RobDraw

• Dana W

I think you are use autocad 2009 you can find it in this path. for example

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2009 - English\Support\acad2009doc.lsp

open it . then go to end of it .then write (setvar"xclipframe"0)

Actually, I am now using 2012. Sorry for the late update. But I did find the .lsp file and tried to insert the line, but I get the message, "cannot create the file - make sure the path and file name are correct."

Actually, I am now using 2012. Sorry for the late update. But I did find the .lsp file and tried to insert the line, but I get the message, "cannot create the file - make sure the path and file name are correct."

what do you mean ...tried to insert the line .

I opened the .lsp file, cut and pasted (setvar"xclipframe"0) at the bottom of the file, attempted to close and save the file, and it gave me the error message I stated above.

I opened the .lsp file, cut and pasted (setvar"xclipframe"0) at the bottom of the file, attempted to close and save the file, and it gave me the error message I stated above.

can you posted your lisp to take a look on it.

What you are trying to do with that document is only going to cover up the problem. It's a brute force way of setting the variable. That variable should remain as you set it. Something is causing it to revert to that setting. It may be something that is running at start up. Are you in an office setting with a network installation or is this your own stand alone install?

I am working on a network in an office. None of the people in my office had this problem until recently...and it has been spreading, so I am sure it was brought in via some sort of outside "contaminated file" that got xref'd into the project - perhaps from one of the MEP engineers; I'll have to go through the files and see when and where it starts to occur.

If you know how to properly turn this issue off properly at each station, I am all ears.

Is there anything custom about the installation? Are there any routines running to set variables? When you can recreate the problem, check your Startup Suite. If there is anything in it, empty it entirely and see if you can still recreate the problem.

Any idea why it wouldn't let me save it myself?

I never see problem resolver like you.

talk to someone and reply to another one.

this is not the way to resolve your problems.

I don't know what backward third-world culture you grew up in, but asking questions to people who know is usually how civilized people find answers to questions instead of trying to re-invent the wheel. I am not a f-cking IT guy - I don't have time for IT bull*****. I have f-cking buildings to draw.

nothing custom about our installations - I believe it is coming from a consultant's files, because the problem doesn't raise its ugly head until we xref in his documents.

This comes directly from your AutoCAD Help file regarding auto-loading and running autolisp routines.

Warning: Do not modify the reserved acad2012.lsp file. Autodesk provides the acad2012.lsp file, which contains required, release-specific AutoLISP-defined functions. This file is loaded into memory immediately before the acad.lsp file is loaded.

Note that the XCLIPFRAME variable is saved in the drawing not in the Registry. The FRAME system variable overrides the XCLIPFRAME setting.