Create basic assembly in civil3d

121madhu

I am confused creating assembly basic lane, curb, footpath done but slope (basic side slope cut ditch) getting problem

I need 2:1 slope but there is lots of option how to get what I need

See jpeg for understanding my question

I need basic assemble according to my cross-section

I am creating a basic assemble ,creating corridor but slope not come only come corridor

Thank you

Sorry for my poor English

cross-section.jpg

The BasicSideSlopeCutDitch in the assembly doesn't look like it does it does in the corridor. It's basically an icon that represents the cut/fill-ditch. If you look at the Properties for the BasicSideSlopeCutDitch you can change many things, I have played with it some but I don't know what all the boxes do. I would suggest that you try it out a bit, change the values and see what happens with your corridor.

Is the problem the 3m flat area after the 2:1 slope? Is that flat suppose to be on the ground? Can you give us an image of what your assembly looks like right now?

As Tiger said, click your daylight (i.e. batter/fill) subassembly and in the properties pane you can change the cut slope and fill slope parameters for the subassembly.

The cross section you posted an image of doesn't make sense to me. If you need a 2:1 slope, then a 3 metre (or feet) wide near flat section (which looks like a berm/bench to me, then you would need to know the (horizontal or vertical) distance to extend too, not just the grade and would have to put this in your assembly manually. I.e. you wouldn't use a daylight subassembly for that. Your daylighting subassembly should be the last part of your cross section (i.e. after the 3m wide near flat sections)

I've never understood why the Americans call it 'daylighting' either.

I've never understood why the Americans call it 'daylighting' either.

I have had a real fun time trying to explain the terminology of the basic metric sub-assemblys to my cad-class.. I understand perhaps half of it - and the Daylight and Datum, I just say "live with it"

I am having trouble understanding what doesn't work for you?

Is it the flat section (marked with 3 on your first image) that you can't create? Like Organic said, if that is the case, you need to know more about the slope (width/height) to get the flat section correct. you can't use a BasicSideSlope then.

Does the slope not connect to the ground?

Are you using the built-in sub-assemblys? The slope outside the footpath -what sub-assembly have you used for that? Have you tried the different sub-assemblys under the Generic tab? They might help you.

thank you i tried some look this result its not connected surface boundary in model but object viewer show this slope

now i need earth work quantity report how can i get report total fill

co1.jpg

co2.jpg

It is hard to see from just the triangles and not the contours, although it looks like you do have a dayligtht/batter slope in place. If you want to merge the design surface with the natural surface then you need to 'paste' (another stupid Civil 3D term for merging surfaces/meshes) the design surface into (a copy of the) natural surface.

See http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?44623-Puting-together-two-%28or-more%29-surfaces for some good explanations on how to do this.

For earthwork volumes for the corridor see http://docs.autodesk.com/CIVIL/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20Civil%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WSfacf1429558a55de116724dfedeac52fd-7fd3.htm,topicNumber=d0e343677 and

Organic, can you paste a corridor surface onto a "normal" TIN-surface? I tried it last year (hehe - so long ago :P) but I didn't get it to work.

You need corridor surfaces to calculate fill/cut volumes though (tutorial here: http://docs.autodesk.com/CIVIL/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20Civil%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WSfacf1429558a55de116724dfedeac52fd-7fde-process.htm,topicNumber=d0e339316)

Organic, can you paste a corridor surface onto a "normal" TIN-surface? I tried it last year (hehe - so long ago :P) but I didn't get it to work.

You need corridor surfaces to calculate fill/cut volumes though (tutorial here: http://docs.autodesk.com/CIVIL/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20Civil%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WSfacf1429558a55de116724dfedeac52fd-7fde-process.htm,topicNumber=d0e339316)

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. You should be able to paste (i.e. merge) a corridor surface onto any other surface (e.g. a normal 'natural'/'finished ground' surface etc). When I say a corridor surface, I mean a design surface that is built as a result of the design data used in the corridor.

Surface, DTM, mesh, TIN etc all basically mean the same; just different software programs use different names.