rcc beam LSP file It is Not Working Some thing is missing please help me

sam_rcr

Dear Friends ,

Please Help Me out With This rcc beam LSP file IT is Not Working, Some thing is missing

in this, i am attaching my lsp file for ur refrence....

its asking output file. i dont have that file

beams (2).LSP

It appears the routine is looking for an input file (.txt) which may take the form of a sizing chart of some type perhaps for rebar?

Where did you find the program? Never mind.

A demo version of RCC Beam lisp can be found here....http://alisp.webs.com/rccbeamlisp.htm

It appears that the download is a VLX file yet the copy you posted obviously isn't. How did you manage to retrieve the lisp code? In the header of the code it says "Programmed by M.R." yet the website for the program lists the author as being Pranav M. Gajjar. That seems a bit odd. Could you explain the discrepancy?

Edited by ReMark

I removed the duplicate thread. Sam_RCR, please do not post multiple threads about the same issue.

A tip: if you use the Report Post button to get information to the mods, we can get to these things quicker.

sam: The lisp routine is looking for an input file. If you open the routine using Notepad you'll see a reference to the file name being requested within the program's code.

Addendum

I contacted the author of the lisp program on your behalf and put a couple of questions to him regarding the file you speak. I did this earlier today (Friday, Jan 3rd) but I have not received a reply as of yet.

Edited by ReMark

thanx

actualey i found this lsp file in the system, i dont know before who is using this system, i joind here new

i found it and try to used it, but it is not working....

the link above you given for rcc beam.. yes lsp file showd draw some thing like that..

I checked my email this morning. Still no reply. I will be very surprised if I get a response.

Have you tried searching for a similar lisp routine?

hi

i checked every thing, nothing found...

if any one can fix this lsp it is very usefull im thing, we save lot of time to draw beams elevation section, with reinforcement....

It is not a matter of fixing the lisp; it is a matter of creating the necessary properties list(s) that the program needs to reference. Think of them as "lookup tables".

hi

i seached nothing is ther.. but i found this beam drawing... may be this will help...

please checkout this... im attaching this dwg...

I think you're missing the point made by ReMark (Post #9). Output drawings will not help, you either need to source the lookup file 'beam.out' or consider buying RC design package.

Today is January 6th and I still have not received a reply to my email.

My suggestion would be to forget trying to make the lisp routine you have work and instead go to the website I linked to previously and download the RCC Beam Demo zip file. Unzip it to your hard drive so as to extract the RCC Beam Demo.VLX file. Open AutoCAD, start a new drawing and use the APPLOAD command to load the VLX file. The very first thing you will see is this:

BeamLispAuthor.JPG

At the command line type the word BEAM to start the program. Answer the questions that appear. After the last answer is entered you'll see this dialog box appear onscreen:

RCC Beam Input Box.jpg

I would assume that at this point you know what information is being asked for and can provide the necessary input.

This is as far as I got; the rest is up to you. Good luck.

Addendum

While checking out other parts of the website I found one additional piece of information. The demo version appears to have a time limit on it. However, I could not find any information regarding what that time limit might be.

Edited by ReMark

The very first thing you will see is this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46123[/ATTACH]

Wow...

I'm not sure I'd trust a structural program from someone who can't spell reinforcement...

sam: After sending three emails and receiving only one robo reply it is my opinion that the author of the lisp program is no longer interested in marketing it in any way, shape or form nor is he going to answer any questions about how the program works. It is my opinion that you forget about the rccbeam lisp program and consider other options such as:

1. Find a similar program.

2. Figure out how to write one yourself.

3. Hire someone to write a program for you.

I don't think you can realistically expect a lisp guru to sit down and create such a program for you for free but if you what to give that approach a try then start a new thread outlining your criteria and ask. Who knows; maybe someone will consider it a challenge and give it a shot. You can also try asking over at another AutoCAD help website called The Swamp. Find them at...http://www.theswamp.org/index.php

Good luck.