Text Showing up as Dashed Lines

I have just downloaded you file; please give me a moment to look at it.

Good news: The text is there. Bad news: It is being displayed in an unusual way. Bear with me a moment; I'll be back.

WeirdText.JPG

My test text which reads TRY ADDING TEXT HERE. I switched to a SE isometric view to see what was actually happening.

Your text is being rotated into the drawing. BTW...you are looking at the lower left hand corner of your drawing.

Edited by ReMark

Try creating a new line of text using the DTEXT command and when prompted for the rotation angle of the text see if it says 180.00 instead of 0.00. If it does change it to 0.00 and continue. What is the result? Add another line or two of text but this time use MText. What happens?

ReMark - I'm this close to flying to CT and buying you a beer.

The original issue with the file was a UCS problem - someone drew it in some bizarre UCS configuration and I had to go back and reset it manually. originally the dashed line text was showing up vertically AS WELL as being dashed. changing the UCS around made the text horizontal but still dashed.

It looks like you've just found out that the text is showing up dashed because we're viewing it on the leading edge.

I'm going to try and figure out a solution to the problem but I may not have time immediately because I have a Civil3D class I'm preparing for in Monday.

I'll post details when I get a chance to play around with the file - thanks again ReMark YOU ARE THA MAN!

lkenshalo: It may be nothing more than reestablishing the text rotation during the execution of the DText command.

Thanks for the virtual beer. You are entirely welcomed. :)

BTW...when I opened the drawing I thought I was looking at our lower basin water runoff tank which just so happens to be a flat bottom, cone top, tank with a sump similar to the one you show and clips for a ladder and safety cage. Even the diameter and height are the same!

Good luck with your class on Monday.

Regards,

ReMark