Help me, create dimensions with Dynamic Blocks visible

minhphuong_humg

I created Dynamic Block visible with blocks. But I don't know how dimension with Dynamic Block first rowahead (Dimension style). I very try but don't success.

Please, create dimension with Dynamic block visible.

Purpose, I drawing as I sent to you. I can select from list Dynamic block visible instead go to change dimension style on the Styles bar (Dim style control).

Please, help me.

Thank you very much.

File Dynamic Block visible

Dynamic Block.dwg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• minhphuong_humg

• steven-g

• sdj_148

If I have understood the question corectly the attached block should work, but with the limitation that you can only use one dim arrow style in the drawing, which is possibly what you don't want. Unfortunately when you use the block as a user arrow it is not inserted as a block in the same way as a normal block, so you would have to create a dim style for each type, or if one style per drawing is ok then the nested block solution will work.

So I used your dynamic block "PC" and created another block called "dim-style", and used the block called "dim-style" to create the user arrow. Now you can place your dims and if you want to change the style you have to open the block called "dim-style" in the block editor to change the visibility state. I'm afraid that is the best I could do.

Dynamic Block.dwg

If I have understood the question corectly the attached block should work, but with the limitation that you can only use one dim arrow style in the drawing, which is possibly what you don't want. Unfortunately when you use the block as a user arrow it is not inserted as a block in the same way as a normal block, so you would have to create a dim style for each type, or if one style per drawing is ok then the nested block solution will work.

So I used your dynamic block "PC" and created another block called "dim-style", and used the block called "dim-style" to create the user arrow. Now you can place your dims and if you want to change the style you have to open the block called "dim-style" in the block editor to change the visibility state. I'm afraid that is the best I could do.

Dir, steven-g

I'm trying to make fast, more convenient. Doing so will take longer than usual to drawing a Dimension and Dimension change in the style (Style Dim style control on the Toolbar) or go to Properties> Misc> Dim Style)?

How long have than normal?

Normal (my routine):

Crafts.png

I hope faster chage dimension (without go to dim style) with Dymension block visible:

want faster.png

So I ask: Is it not possible? I can do faster by that? Or even better solution for jobs that I usually do not?

Please, help me. Thank you very much?

To be honest, I didn't know that option was available to use a block for the arrowhead in dimensions. But it certainly doesn't use the dynamic properties of a block, I think the way you have it set up with individual dim styles to pick from the dim style list is probably about the quickest method you will get to choose dim styles, maybe someone else can offer suggestions, personally I use a tool-palette for that, it's not quicker, just the method I prefer.

To be honest, I didn't know that option was available to use a block for the arrowhead in dimensions. But it certainly doesn't use the dynamic properties of a block, I think the way you have it set up with individual dim styles to pick from the dim style list is probably about the quickest method you will get to choose dim styles, maybe someone else can offer suggestions, personally I use a tool-palette for that, it's not quicker, just the method I prefer.

Thank seven-g very much!

I aim to do so as I think that after I painted a series of dimensions (file attach) I would be exported to excel quickly than I have to do it manual.

fILE:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxC1lok4CcHvdnBRejdRRUt2YTQ/edit?usp=sharing

What suggestions do you have for my work faster?

Thank for you.

That's clearer, do you mean something like this. Insert the block then stretch the block to suit, you can change the visibility state, you will need to do a rREGEN each time to update the information. I used an attribute to show the dimension so you can use the ATTEXT command (I think it's dataextraction in full Autocad) to get the sizes into excel, the png image didn't show up so I'm not sure what other info you need to extract to excel, but it should be easy enough to add a few more attributes if needed.

Dynamic Block.dwg

That's clearer, do you mean something like this. Insert the block then stretch the block to suit, you can change the visibility state, you will need to do a rREGEN each time to update the information. I used an attribute to show the dimension so you can use the ATTEXT command (I think it's dataextraction in full Autocad) to get the sizes into excel, the png image didn't show up so I'm not sure what other info you need to extract to excel, but it should be easy enough to add a few more attributes if needed.

Oh, very very good.

Thank seven-g very much.

It is to my liking. I mean exactly that. I want to do so to extract excel distance.

I will try to draw a drawing with the same block. Then will use dataextraction to excel.

I will report results for seven-g.

I will try immediately.

Oh, dir seven-g.

I just tried. But when I pulled out the distance dimension it has not changed. I want, when I pulled out the change with distance.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/x3503pcpea23d/Public#3lsvciqs0qeyqz4

Dimension don't change distance when I pulled

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4eido8cezg3eifj/Dynamic%20Block.dwg

Thank steven-g. But, please help me remove shadow of text dimension and change to CENTER of line (dimension).

Thank you very much!

Ah I see. Sorry that is there to show that a field is being used (it's automatic from Autocad) I don't think it can be removed.

Thank steven-g very much.

Oh, that it involves aesthetic and I think will be very expensive when printing inks and bad drawings.

I noticed, there is one more thing:

-I can not change the beginning of the second dimension. That is, I select an input (block head) to change direction, but when switched to the other end (no block) to change the direction it is moving immediately rather than change.

-I can not format for line (ex: ACAD_ISO02W100 (Iso dash) or DASHED2) and color.

Thank steven-g.

Edited by minhphuong_humg
add reason.

Change the variable Fielddisplay to 0 that will stop the "shadow".

When you insert a block accept the rotation angle as zero then drag the block head anywhere you want (left, right, up down) and the text will stay horizontal.

I will need to think about the linetype, you could do it with the visibility state but that would make a lot of combinations, I beleive that in full Autocad there is a trick available to add multiple visibility states to a dynamic block, but I use LT so I can't help you with that, try a search on the Autodesk forums for multi visibility states there is a thread that covers that.

EDIT: I found the link, I hope it will help, but I can't try it (LT)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Dynamic-Blocks/You-gotta-try-visibility-add-eng-v1-1/m-p/2521041/highlight/true#M1010

Ah, Dir, steven-g.

I forgot to ask how to use. With a large drawing as yesterday I have sent you, I just use the copy, paste to draw all the dimension that it?