Adding a new Lineweight to the "LWEIGHT" library

OrangeFu

Morning folks!

I need to create a specific line weight other than those provided at default. Right now it goes from 0.00mm to 0.05mm to 0.09mm.

I'm trying to get a line thickness of 0.07mm.

All the best from Toronto :)

As far as I can determine the available sizes are stored in the Windows Registry. I suppose someone (not me) with enough knowledge of the Registry might be able to find and edit the values.

On your monitor, lineweights are displayed (by default) as a percentage of the zoom level, therefore the width on the screen does not necessarily relate to the actual width. So, since the lineweights are not displayed at their actual width anyway, the value of displaying a 0.07 lineweight is probably not that great. For printing however, you can use the stb or ctb to assign lineweight values that are not on the default lineweight list. I'm not sure, but perhaps plotstyles plus Display Manager > Display Plotstyles "might" be worth a try?

Alternately, you may consider using wide polylines instead of lineweight.

Overview of Lineweights

On your monitor, lineweights are displayed (by default) as a percentage of the zoom level, therefore the width on the screen does not necessarily relate to the actual width. So, since the lineweights are not displayed at their actual width anyway, the value of displaying a 0.07 lineweight is probably not that great. For printing however, you can use the stb or ctb to assign lineweight values that are not on the default lineweight list. I'm not sure, but perhaps plotstyles plus Display Manager > Display Plotstyles "might" be worth a try?

Alternately, you may consider using wide polylines instead of lineweight.

Overview of Lineweights

Altering the stb or ctb to achieve that effect is really clever actually. I think this will do the job.

I also never considered wide polylines.