Dual tray 11x17 Laser Printer Recommendations

rwhitt0724

Hello everyone. I am currently looking into upgrading our office printer. We are currently using a Brother MFC-6490CW. Critical things we need:

-Dual tray (1 for 8.5x11, 1 for 11x17)

-Laser

-Minimum 25-30ppm

Color is preferred but not necessarily needed.

The Brother we currently have is pretty good but I'm tired of waiting around for my drawings to print out, changing paper, ink, etc.. etc....

I'd say my price range is about the $700-900 range.

I have looked and looked. The only ones I can find are either equivalent to what I have, or waaaay out of price range. Is there a happy medium lol? Any questions let me know.

That's a tall order to fill. Have you considered leasing? Talk to the beancounters as to whether or not there is any economic advantage (tax wise) to leasing vs. buying outright.

Are you a member Costco or a similar membership only discount warehouse club? Maybe you can find something better that is within your price range.

I see plenty in your price range for color laser printers with a dual tray.

Your current is an all-in-one inkjet. Are you looking to replace with an all-in-one Laser?

Brother, Canon and Konica Minolta are the ones I have used with good results, so can't vouch for other brands. We recently swapped out our crappy never has worked Sharp multifunction color Laser for a Konica Minolta C364. They are very good.

Just a color Laser dual tray with the specs you require should be at least one option from all the manufacturers.

• 1 year later...

rwhitt0724, I just wanted to ask what laser printer you ended up buying, and do you like it? Thanks.

Hello everyone. I am currently looking into upgrading our office printer. We are currently using a Brother MFC-6490CW. Critical things we need:

-Dual tray (1 for 8.5x11, 1 for 11x17)

-Laser

-Minimum 25-30ppm

Color is preferred but not necessarily needed.

The Brother we currently have is pretty good but I'm tired of waiting around for my drawings to print out, changing paper, ink, etc.. etc....

I'd say my price range is about the $700-900 range.

I have looked and looked. The only ones I can find are either equivalent to what I have, or waaaay out of price range. Is there a happy medium lol? Any questions let me know.

Mike, after looking at simple laser table top printers and not being able to find anything we thought was worth the money or would work for us, we ended up getting a large Konica-Minolta all-in-one machine. It's a large Xerox-type machine. We ended up paying a little more than our original price range, it was about $2000. I love it & I don't know if I could ever go back to a simple printer. The speed of printing is awesome & the speed of scanning is unbelievable. I don't know how we ever operated with a simple inkjet printer. If at all possible, I would go with a full size office machine and stay away from the table top printers you would use for home personal use.

We bought a refurbished machine and have a service agreement with the company that sold it to us. They supply all toner for the life of the machine at no additional cost & they also provide any repairs needed, including parts, at no additional cost.

• 3 weeks later...

We desperately need a new printer. Can you please let me know where you purchased your refurbished model?

Thank you so much,

Prema