problem with flatening an isometric view

hamiltonfrenzy

Hello

I have had a difficult problem to solve, hope i can be clear exposing it, so here it goes..

I have a mountain terrain built with polylines wich have different Z values in order to make it look real. Now i wanted to choose a view of this terrain(aproximately isometric) and flatten it in MODEL so i can build several pages of a book im making to explain this territory, so in model view, i want to have plans, elevations, and isometric views. could you help me with my problem..

Thank you.

It is possible to extract 2D views (top, front, side, bottom and isometric) from 3D models in a number of different ways in AutoCAD provided you have a 3D model from which to work. These would be your options:

1. Flatshot

2. SectionPlane

3. SolProf

4. SolView/SolDraw

5. Base View

• 2 weeks later...

I'm struggling with Solprof command; I try to use Section view, but all I get is the typical elevation view of my 3D drawing. I doubleclick the viewport, it says that the active view is the one I made (Section) and if I change the Viewstyle, the active view changes to *Custom*. I'm using Autocad 2014.

-Not in the topic but I'm wondering, should I have started a new tread or writing in an older tread was ok?

Guiboard

Wouldn't you want to be using the VIEWBASE command instead? It has a VIEWSECTION option.

I might have started a new thread referencing a problem using SolProf.

Ok, but I'm trying to copy these lines or make a block out of it and I only get the hatches. Looks like I am forced to draw over the lines. Maybe VIEWSECTION isn't appropriate?

Guiboard

You're trying to make a block out of it? I see. Hold on a moment I have to check something. I'll be back.8)

I wish you had mentioned the "block" thing earlier. You can't make a block, as we know it, using a 2D view created with VIEWBASE.

There, a quick 3d model with both SOLPROF and VIEWSECTION.

Viewbase-Solprof.dwg

Edit: As said previously, trying to copy lines from the VIEWSECTION doesn't work; looks like I must draw over them.

I'm currently working on a much bigger project, that's why I don't want to redraw the whole thing.

Nope, hidden or 2d wireframe should do the job, but meanwhile I found something.

I can't explode the VIEWSECTION in autoCAD 2014, but using older version like 2012, the VIEWSECTION is a Proxy objet that CAN be exploded! Once exploded I can work the lines like I wanted to. Somehow solved the problem, but not the way I intended.

Guiboard

Can I ask why all your viewports seem to have different scales?

Another way of doing it would be to use FLATSHOT. All the 2D blocks created are placed in model space and they can be edited via the BEDIT command. The user has the option to enable or disable the display of hidden lines and to specify the linetype and color.