street signs and cone software

richyrich0000

hi there

i am currently in the process of doing some traffic management drawings

and need some road signs, but mainly im after some free cone software apparently

you can get some really good software, free if possible if not then the cheapest available

this is for autocad 2008

thankyou

hi there

i was wondering if anyone can help me

im after some sort of cone software either cone 9 uk or cone 10 uk

it is for doing traffic management drawings

at the minute ive found it but its £1000

i was wondering if anyone knows where to get it from for free

or cheaper than £1000

as dont really want to spend all that money on it

thanks alot

I know where you might find the program for free but CADTutor does not condone the use of pirated software. I support that stance 100%.

There are many open source programs that compare favorable with their retail counterparts. You might try searching for something similar.

I don't know of any off the top of my head and that is probably because I am unfamiliar with the program you were inquiring about. If you educate me I'd be happy to assist you in your search.

I visited conesoftware.com and read up on Cone 10. I then searched on the phrase "road traffic control diagrams" and checked out some of the findings. I was unable to locate any open source programs that do the same thing as Cone 10.

Under the category of "slim chance" I notice that CADTools has a feature it says will create road signs and markings (look under heading: Lines). Find it here: http://www.glamsen.se/CadTools.htm

Edited by ReMark

If you are doing local traffic management for small work sites, then just manually make some blocks and use them in AutoCad. Your traffic management plans will generally contain the same blocks/pieces over and over again.

If you are doing large scale traffic management for major infrastructure or projects, then purchase the software...

Traffic management in the UK really. I always thought it was just a free for all over there in Europe. Wrong side of the street driving lunatics, I don't think they even pay attention to road signs, it's more like get the "hell outta my way here I come!"

Traffic management in the UK really. I always thought it was just a free for all over there in Europe. Wrong side of the street driving lunatics, I don't think they even pay attention to road signs, it's more like get the "hell outta my way here I come!"

This is a very helpful answer!! Try posting in the chat or elsewhere if you cannot come up with a constructive answer to the question asked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h6_AxVvAVM&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2h6_AxVvAVM&has_verified=1