How do you Add a Reference / Baseline Point?

james_belan

I have built a 3D model of a scheme and surrounding buildings for an architecture company. The architect has asked me to send over the file and has asked for a reference point / baseline point so that he can easily insert some buildings into the model also without the need to move any of my my modelling about.

How would i add a reference point to let the architect know where to insert his buildings? I dont want to ask the architect as this is my first freelance job and I dont want to lose it! Hard times at the moment!

Please help!

Typically when modeling / drawing a building you would start a certain distance from 0,0 or from a survey point for a site plan. Did you start like that? The architect would have to have started his drawings the same way, or they will move their model once they know how you did yours. Do you have two intersecting streets that you referenced for your work, or...?