Unselecting When I Pan

Can anyone help me with this problem.

First I click in my viewport and select a few objects (lines/blocks etc) then whenever I type Pan or hold down my center mouse button to Pan. The Command line says the Viewport is viewlocked switching to paper space.

Now by switching to paper space everything I selected has now unselected. This basically leaves me the option to select what I see on the screen at one time and can't pan along and select anything else which is unbelievably frustrating on large drawings.

Try vpmax which will let you pan around and select items etc. in model space, then vpmin when you are done to get back to paperspace, there is also an icon at the bottom edge of the screen to control this.

hm. It shouldn't deselect, it doesn't do it for me. I can select stuff, pan in the locked Viewport, and then add other stuff. What do you have the variable PICKADD set to?

Does it do the same in a brand new DWG?

You shouldn't need to manually switch back to Paper Space after you have Panned. You are in the same Viewport all the time right?

Does it do the same in a brand new DWG?

You shouldn't need to manually switch back to Paper Space after you have Panned. You are in the same Viewport all the time right?

Yes I click in the viewport and select items then pan and it deselects everything. And while this happens the command line is switching between spaces.

It only happens in certain drawings though.