Macro for scaling object stopped working

martan1912

Hello,

I had 2 custom buttons on my toolbar for scaling certain objects between metric and imperial units, for some reason they don't work in version 2014.

To scale to metric I have this macro:

select;\scale;$M=$(if,$(=,$(getvar,pickfirst),0),previous;)\25.4

To scale to inches:

select;\scale;$M=$(if,$(=,$(getvar,pickfirst),0),previous;)\0.03937007874015748031496062992126

Does it have to be rewritten ? It used to work just perfect for what I need it for.

Thanks for help.

Edited by SLW210
added code tags.

There is a space between the P and R in "Previous" and there is one more space after the semi colon behind the word "Previous".

I know, that's how it got pasted into the message window, I don't know why, but it is typed in correctly in Autocad. As I mentioned, it worked just fine in other versions.

Honestly I haven't made them, I got them somewhere while back. If there is a simpler way to achieve the same, I'd appreciate your help. I just need this tool since I do a lot of CNC work and I have to use metric objects in my CAD, also going back and forth between units. It really helps with everyday work.

^C^Cscale;\;\25.4;

That is to go from standard to metric. To make it go from metric to standard just change the number at the end. I can adjust it a bit to fit your needs if you would like. Just let me know if you need me to add anything. :)

If you add one more \ like so:

^C^Cscale;\\;\25.4;

You can window objects... OR if you want to scale everything then this:

^C^Cscale;all;\25.4;

Would be better.

Thanks for your offer to help. Now , is this going to let me pick objects I want to scale first ? That's how it used to work. Click on the icon, select the objects and they got scaled.

I don't want to scale all objects in the drawing, just some of them, per my selection.