Related tutorials on this project?

zahid94

Hello, Im new here,but I know a little bit about autocad.I have a question about my new project.

My teacher said i need to create this kind of plan.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/200714493/mmansndla-eg

Can anyone recommend me any related tutorials videos?

and another question, what is the numbers in yellow colour? Is it the measurement?

Thanks in advance :)

The yellow text would be dimensions in mm, there are plenty of good tutorials on youtube but i have not got time to look for you.

Try and copy the dwg attached it's close to scale, good luck.

Gazza

Model.dwg

The yellow text would be dimensions in mm, there are plenty of good tutorials on youtube but i have not got time to look for you.

Gazza

thanks anyway :)

There are a number of tutorials here at CADTutor. Have you gone through them all yet?

You can also find tutorials at a place called http://we-r-here.com/cad/.

You will not find any tutorials specific to the project posted. There appears to be quite a few dimensions missing from your PDF. What information has your instructor given you or what have you learned in class thus far that will help you to come up with a similar layout?

You wrote: "My teacher said i need to create this kind of plan."

Does this mean redrawing the plan you have posted is NOT the actual assignment?

Will you be doing this drawing in metric units?

How detailed does the floor plan have to be? Will you have to include furniture and landscaping in the plan?

Will it have to be fully dimensioned as well?

Are you familiar with creating an architectural floor plan?

Did you happen to notice there are no sinks, bathtubs, showers or appliances in the handout of the house your instructor gave you? That's odd.

Edited by ReMark

Gazza

Interesting drawing. There are some anomalies (ex. - take a look at the doorframe and door in room #10). Did you use a PDF to DWG conversion program to obtain the result? Just curious.

You wrote: "My teacher said i need to create this kind of plan."

Does this mean redrawing the plan you have posted is NOT the actual assignment?

Will you be doing this drawing in metric units?

How detailed does the floor plan have to be? Will you have to include furniture and landscaping in the plan?

Will it have to be fully dimensioned as well?

Are you familiar with creating an architectural floor plan?

Did you happen to notice there are no sinks, bathtubs, showers or appliances in the handout of the house your instructor gave you? That's odd.

thanks for replying remark,

yea, its like redrawing it in the CAD,

before that, forgive i did not mention about detail stuffs before posting,

here is the required task.

Task

You are required to produce an AutoCAD drawing of the given plan layout. The

final outcome should consist of TWO (2) drawings:

1. Site Plan (Ground floor plan with its landscape compound)

2. Ground Floor Plan with its detailed interior layout. You are required to

complete the proposed layout section with 3 bedrooms, each with its own

bathroom.

Task:

The drawings should be:

1. Plotted in separate sheet. (A3 Landscape Layout)

2. Neatly plotted with scale. (Plan 1:100, Site Plan 1:200)

3. Completed with basic drawing elements ( Dimension, Grid Line, Text, etc)

Im quite new to autocad, just need some related tutorials then I can do it by myself.Yes , I need to include the furniture and landscape as well. Yea, i happen to notice there is no bathtubs and sink, i think i might ask the instructor about this.

Thanks again :)

Interesting drawing. There are some anomalies (ex. - take a look at the doorframe and door in room #10). Did you use a PDF to DWG conversion program to obtain the result? Just curious.

ReMark, I did use a conversion program to give the op something to work with, I rescaled it best i could using the given dims.

Like I said there are no tutorials relating specifically to that project I know of. If you are looking for tutorials on creating architectural drawings or if you want to see examples of finished architectural drawings I might know of a website or two. Visit my profile and leave me a message that includes your email address. I'll provide you with links.

What is the timeframe for this project? When do you have to submit it to your instructor?

By the way, has your instructor given you any information on wall thicknesses or standard dimensions on doors? Where are the remainder of the dimensions or is the student expected to come up with these on his own? Is this the first architectural floor plan you have done for this class? I find it strange that a student would be given a drawing with so few dimensions then told to reconstruct it.

Is the student allowed to alter the design in any way?

Edited by ReMark

ReMark, I did use a conversion program to give the op something to work with, I rescaled it best i could using the given dims.

It isn't necessarily the scaling I'd be concerned about. Did you take a close up look at your converted drawing?

ZahidFloorPlan.jpg

Given that you are new to AutoCAD Zahid I think it would take you about eight hours to do the floor plan.

I did this last night while waiting for the snowplows to bury my front sidewalk under several inches of snow. It was bitter cold last night. Brrrrrrrrrrr.

Edited by ReMark

wow, almost like the same with the layout given

Yea im quite new, the outline didnt say anything about the thickness, yea i think this is my first time for the floor plan.

I dont think the student is allowed to alter the design, all I need is to reconstruct it.

The dimension is quite high tho 7k something..?? sorry im a total noob in scaling .

Yes, "almost" like your image/PDF but not exactly. I made a few subtle changes.

Zahid: When is the project due? Have you started on it yet? Given the pace we are going at this may take us a couple of months to complete. Do you have that much time?

Since you have not been given a fully dimensioned drawing to work off of then you only have two options for recreating the floor plan as I see it.

If we were to draw a box around the perimeter of the drawing, very nearly at the end of our guidelines (excluding the north arrow and the SUV) it would be approximately 31428x24025.

Edited by ReMark

[ATTACH]46507[/ATTACH]

Zahid: Have you made any progress thus far?

yea, i ased the insructor, and she give me the thickness and other stuff.and she gave me dwg file to continue wth theproject.

and you know i think its wrong.AD452_A3 template.dwg

Zahid:

Whatever Attachment 46507 is supposed to be does not open when clicked on.

What do you think is wrong with the drawing?

Even with what the instructor gave you there is still a great deal of work to do.

How familiar are you with the 2D commands you will need to create the drawing? Have you mastered these commands doing other exercises for class?

With regards to this project I have three suggestions for you.

1. Name rather than number your layers. It's more logical to have layers like Walls, Windows, Doors, Landscaping, Dimensions, Hatches, Grid, Roofline,Text, etc. than numbers.

2. Assign each layer a different color. This makes it easier to distinguish visually what objects are on what layers. For example: walls drawn on their own layer assigned the color "green".

3. When your drawing starts getting crowded (or "busy") freeze layers you are not working on. You'll find it much easier to work if the background isn't cluttered.

If you have specific questions please ask and we will try to answer them to the best of our ability.

Edited by ReMark