Fender Stratocaster

DODGE

Hi Guys

Probably not the place to ask.

But can anybody out there tell me where I can get 2d cad dwg file for a 50's or 60's Stratocaster guitar. I need something that will show me all the relevant dimensions for Pickup Routs, neck cavity sizes etc etc.

I have searched high and low :cry: but can't seem to find Cad dwg files for this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

D

How did you search?

I put "fender stratocaster cad drawing" into Google Chrome search and it came up with 528,000 results. Surely one of those could give you something.

How did you search?

I put "fender stratocaster cad drawing" into Google Chrome search and it came up with 528,000 results. Surely one of those could give you something.

Thanks E

I am after a dwg format 2d fully dimensioned cad file, yes there are heaps of pdf files some no too bad, but I want a cad dwg file to open in AutoCad.

Cheers D

Thanks Pefi

I did already find that site but im too mean to pay $95 for the dwgs. Yes I wanted to use a cnc machine to do all the routing, i have a cabinet maker friend who has spent over 120 grand on a cnc, and I thought well why not. I have already made one Stratocaster from a kit, but wanted to make my own and do everything, just some thing I always wanted to do.

I could probably take the dimensions from my kit body, but I know they are not authentic stratocaster 50s or 60s dimensions, and I don't want to upset Eric or Buddy Guy lol.

Thanks for your help.

Dodge

I'd not do it as well and there was a valid comment that for $100 you can get a real fender copy.

Maybe you should go the DYI route, post the result here and then we can help with the curves, dimensioning and so on. There are quite a few world class designers & "cad guys" on cadtutor. We just have to use the power of the community :)

I found 2 more links: https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=8443307C0DCEF0FC&resid=8443307C0DCEF0FC!208&app=WordPdf&wdo=1

http://www.jeangodbout.com/strat/stratocaster.htm

P.S. Maybe there is a student/trainee here looking for some interesting 2D drawing that needs to be done? Anyone?