Routine to move objects to absolute 0,0 position.

dblclkmatt

So I have a lot of 2D drawings (a couple thousand roughly) that I need to go through and shift the objects within to the absolute 0,0 position. That way, when we insert them into a new drawing, everything is centered appropriately and not way off the screen.

Instead of:

Open File > Select Objects > "MOVE" > Specify Basepoint > " * 0 , 0 " > Center View on Newly position Objects > Save File > Close File

... Repeat ...

I was hopeful there might be a more efficient way to do this. By way of a LISP routine, or a script that could automagically do the above steps on it's own.

Hell, even something that doesn't require me to hit *, then tab, then 0, then tab, then 0 again. Anything to quicken the routine would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

How about a macro, this will prompt you to pick an object and then the basepoint, it then saves and closes the drawing. So all you need do is open each drawing and run the macro.

^C^C^Cmove;\;\*0,0;zoom;e;qsave;close;

EDIT: Added zoom extents

Edited by steven-g

How about a macro, this will prompt you to pick an object and then the basepoint, it then saves and closes the drawing. So all you need do is open each drawing and run the macro.

You should change the select objects \ to "ALL" instead so that he doesn't even have to bother with picking anything other than the base point. He makes it seem like he is moving an entire drawing to 0,0 so it would be quicker that way.... unless he isn't moving everything of course. :lol:

Hadn't thought of a macro, but tried using the one you provided and it requires input of the second point once I select the basepoint. Also, it does not save and close.

If I try it again inside the same file, it will move as it did the first time, then it will proceed to save and exit.

Perhaps I set it up wrong?

Have you thought to re-define the base point in each drawing?

That would save having to move everything.

I did try moving the UCS and saving it like that, but when I inserted it, it still imported the drawing where the original 0,0 point was and not where I had set it.

Taking it one step further using both eldon and steven-g's idea:

(DEFUN C:BA    () (COMMAND "BASE" PAUSE "SAVE" "" "CLOSE" ))

I'm blazing through these now! Whoooooo!

Your only in the grass if your doing each one make a script and set the forest on fire put the BA defun in autoload.lsp then script, making the script takes a couple of minutes if the dwgs are in a few directories. Post for help use MS word search replace.

open dwg1 BA close Y

open dwg2 BA close y

etc